Image Credit source: PTI
Russia Ukraine War: President of Ukraine Vladimir Zelensky (Volodymyr Zelenskyy) has appealed for peace to save the people trapped in the Ajovastal steel plant.
Ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine (Russia-Ukraine War) has been 71 days. Till now the war between the two countries has not ended. There have been several rounds of talks for peace talks, but no concrete result has come out of it. Russia is now eyeing two other cities in Ukraine. At the same time, people are trapped in Ajovastal Steel Plant. Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky has appealed for peace to save him. On the other hand, the New York Times report said that the US has continuously provided intelligence to Ukraine to kill Russia’s top generals on the battlefield.
- Air sirens are sounding once again in Ukraine. The Kyiv Independent has reported that air sirens are sounding in cities such as Kyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Khmelnitsky, Cherkasy, Zhytomyr, Poltava, Ivano-Frankivsk, Kirovohrad, Vinnitsia, Volyn.
- Britain’s military says that Russia will try to capture the cities of Kramatorsk and Severodonetsk in eastern Ukraine. The British Defense Ministry said Russia has deployed around 22 battalion tactical groups near Izium as part of efforts to gain an edge in the region.
- We need peace to save those trapped at the Vladimir Zelensky Ajovstal Steel Plant. He said that we are in talks and hope to continue to save the people of Ajovastal and Mariupol. Officials have told that 200 people are trapped in the plant.
- The New York Times, citing senior US officials, reported that the US provided intelligence to Ukraine to kill Russian military generals.
- Russian army has entered the Ajovastal steel plant in Mariupol. The ‘Institute for the Study of War’ has given this information. However, it has also said that there is still ambiguity about how many soldiers of the Russian army have entered the plant.
- Russia’s representative to the United Nations, Dmitry Polyansky, has said that Russia refused to participate in an informal UN Security Council meeting with the European Union on Wednesday. This was done because of the stand of the European Union against Russia.
- Britain has announced a humanitarian aid of Rs 450 crore to Ukraine. Britain’s Foreign Minister Liz Truss has said that this money will be given to agencies and institutions that are doing humanitarian work in Ukraine and its borders.
- US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen has said that the US is in continuing discussions with its allies about further sanctions and may take additional action to pressure Russia. However, he has not told what kind of action is going to be taken.
- Osnat Lubrani, the UN humanitarian coordinator for Ukraine, said more than 300 civilians were evacuated from Mariupol and other regions in southern Ukraine as part of a UN-Red Cross operation that concluded on Wednesday.
- Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Dmitro Kuleba has accused Russia of “missile terrorism”. In fact, officials said Russian forces bombed cities across Ukraine. There have also been reports of attacks near Kyiv. In addition, attacks have also been carried out in Cherkasy and Dnipro in central Ukraine and in Zaporizhzhya and Dnipro in the southeast.
: Language Inputs