A ten-year-old boy has died 4 days after he was electrocuted at a lodge in Blackpool.
Police had been known as to Tiffany’s Hotel on the Promenade at 10.39pm on Sunday night, discovering the kid there unresponsive.
The lodge, which has subsequently closed quickly, mentioned the boy obtained a shock inside its reception lounge space, whereas the drive mentioned his accidents had been in step with him having obtained a “high voltage of electricity”.
The 10-year-old was rushed to hospital however died there on Thursday with household by his facet, mentioned Lancashire Police, including: “Our thoughts are with them at this time.”
Have you been affected by this story? Email email@example.com
Tiffany’s Hotel mentioned in an up to date assertion on Friday: “We are heartbroken by the news we have received today and our thoughts and prayers remain with the family at this distressing time.”
The drive mentioned the matter has now been handed to Blackpool Council following an preliminary police investigation, whereas a file shall be ready for the coroner.
The lodge mentioned: “We will continue to provide the relevant authorities any assistance they need to carry out their investigations.
“The safety and comfort of our guests remains our number one priority and therefore we have taken the decision to voluntarily close whilst the investigations and our own inspections take place. Our phone lines remain open.”
A Blackpool Council spokeswoman mentioned: “We have been informed of the tragic death of a young boy following an incident at Tiffany’s Hotel. Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time.
“Our investigation is now under way and following our advice the owner of the hotel has agreed to a voluntary closure.
“If anyone has information relating to this investigation they can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org”
The Tiffany Hotel is a two-star lodge on the seafront of the city. It was closed on Friday morning and a employee at a neighbouring lodge mentioned it had been shut for the previous couple of days.
She mentioned she may hear youngsters enjoying there final week however didn’t see something of the incident.
The Blackpool lights switch-on happened final Friday, with many vacationers and younger households visiting the city for the annual occasion.