BharOS is actually based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), so it is similar to Android in a way and quite different from iOS.
Image Credit source: NewsNCR
When we talk about mobile operating system, only Android And ios only come to mind. Finally, Google And apple Both these operating software created by are the market leaders of the world. Now, India has also developed a new operating system of its own. Developed by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras,”Bharoscame to the world on Thursday.
Developed by J&K Operations Pvt Ltd and incubated at IIT Madras, BharOS can be installed in commercial off-the-shelf devices. It has been said in the press release that this is the most ideal OS for those organizations which deal with confidential information and need extra security.
today’s big news
IIT Madras Director V Kamakoti said during this time that the BharOS service is a mobile operating system built on the foundation of trust, providing users with more freedom, control and flexibility to choose and use apps according to their needs. Attention has been paid.
How is BharOS different from Android and iOS operating software?
- BharOS is actually based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), so it is similar to Android in a way and quite different from iOS. The only difference between Android and BharOS is that BharOS does not include any of Google’s services on the latter, allowing users to download any application of their choice.
- BharOS also comes without any pre-installed applications, giving users the option to download APK files that can be easily found on the internet. However, such files can be potentially dangerous for your device.
- According to Karthik Iyer, director of JNK Operations Pvt Ltd, BharOS provides “Native Over the Air” (NOTA) updates, which helps in keeping the device secure. He also said that in the absence of Google Play service, trusted apps can be downloaded from specific Private App Store Service (PAAS) on devices running BharOS.
- The press release states that the Specific Private App Store service provides a curated list of apps that have been thoroughly vetted and have met certain security and privacy standards of organizations. This means that users can be sure that the apps they are installing are safe to use.
- The default browsing and messaging apps of BharOS are DuckDuckGo and Signal third party services. At present, it is not clear whether the BharOS team will make BharOS operated phones along with the makers.
Claims to be more secure than both Android and iOS
BharOS can run all Android apps though, and thus it is closer to the Android ecosystem than iOS. For now, it is unclear when the operating software will be available to the public, and whether it will be available to regular users. In the press release, its makers said that they can give benefits to 100 crore smartphone users in India with their OS. Its makers also say that BharOS is more secure than both Android and iOS and can improve the battery life of each device.
no idea about these things
Currently there is no phone with BharOS pre-installed, so users will have to install it manually. But there is no clarity yet on how to achieve this. We also do not know anything about the scope of BharOS safety updates in future. Apart from this, at present no details are available about the release date of BharOS. In the coming weeks, the BharOS team may partner with Android original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to launch phones with the operating system.
: Language Inputs