Lawyer Gaurav Gulati also took to his Twitter account. Post In a tweet, informed about the legal notice. OnePlus also confirmed this to Gadgets 360 on Monday.
The company said in an emailed statement (translated) “We confirm that we have issued a cease-and-dissist notice to the person concerned. We will follow appropriate legal procedures to resolve this matter.”
Gulati shared pictures of the notice on Twitter and wrote (Translated) “You can see that it was sent by a legal partner of Mobitech Creations, the Indian subsidiary of OnePlus. It states that the user has caused damage to the company’s reputation. had made “self-contradictory and false statements” to the media about the explosion of the OnePlus Nord 2 5G with “malicious intent”.
The notice further reads (translated) “Abusive content is causing irreparable harm to our client. Our client is likely to negatively affect, deceive or otherwise mislead the general public, including potential clients.”
The notice also added that Gulati should delete his original tweets referring to the incident and issue a written communication to all media organizations where he had earlier made a statement on the blast. It also sought an “unconditional written apology” on the matter, as well as not posting or broadcasting any “derogatory content” about OnePlus and its products in the future.
Gulati was yet to respond for comment on the matter.
In an earlier conversation, Gulati had said that he would sue OnePlus for the blast, which allegedly took place while he was sitting in his court chamber. He also told Gadgets 360 that the OnePlus Nord 2 5G was not in use or charging at the time of the accident.
After the user reported the issue on Twitter, OnePlus contacted him. The user did not give the phone to the team that visited his premises for investigation. He told Gadgets 360 that he had refused to provide the phone unit, as he found the team insensitive and believed it could taint evidence of a phone malfunction.
The user had alleged that the blast took place on September 8. He had claimed that due to the high heat coming from the phone, he suffered burn injuries near his stomach.<!–