England will qualify for the knockout levels of the Women’s World Cup so long as they keep away from defeat to China within the finale of Group D.
The Lionesses have opened their World Cup marketing campaign with back-to-back wins over Haiti and Denmark to take management of their destiny.
But China’s late win towards Haiti final outing means there may be nonetheless work for Sarina Wiegman’s aspect to do – with both Australia or Nigeria ready within the last-16.
England have solely misplaced as soon as underneath Wiegman however will probably be with out key midfielder Keira Walsh for his or her last group fixture.
Here’s all the pieces you’ll want to know.
How does every crew qualify?
– Will qualify with a win or draw towards China, which might additionally verify prime spot in Group D and a last-16 tie towards Nigeria.
– England can nonetheless qualify with a defeat towards China, however they require Denmark to lose or draw. If England lose and Denmark fail to win, the Lionesses will end second if China overtake them on purpose distinction.
– If England lose and Denmark win, the Lionesses would wish to complete with a greater purpose distinction than certainly one of China or Denmark. England due to this fact can not lose by multiple purpose.
– Denmark will undergo in the event that they win and China draw or lose.
– If Denmark and China end with the identical consequence, it is going to go right down to purpose distinction after which targets scored of their last group match. They presently have equivalent purpose data after dropping a match 1-0 and successful a match 1-0. Denmark will even undergo forward of England if the Lionesses lose to China by multiple purpose.
– China will undergo in the event that they win and Denmark draw or lose.
– If China match Denmark’s results of a win and a draw then it comes right down to purpose distinction.
– Haiti should beat Denmark and hope China lose to England. It would then come right down to purpose distinction, with three groups (Haiti, Denmark and China) all stage on three factors. Therefore, if Haiti win by multiple purpose and China lose, they’re assured to undergo.
Group D standings
1. England – 6 factors (+2 purpose distinction)
2. Denmark – 3 factors (+0)
3. China – 3 factors (+0)
4. Haiti – 0 factors (-2)
Results and fixtures
England 1-0 Haiti
Denmark 1-0 China
England 1-0 Denmark
Haiti 0-1 China
England vs China (12pm BST)
Denmark vs Haiti (12pm BST)
When is England vs China?
The match will kick off at 12pm BST on Tuesday 1 August on the Hindmarsh Stadium in Adelaide.
How can I watch it?
England’s match towards China will probably be proven on ITV 1 and on ITV X, with protection beginning at 11:15am.