The Ashes series is to be played between England and Australia at the end of this year.
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has made it clear that the England team will go to Australia to play the Ashes. The officials of the England Cricket Board have given a green signal to the Ashes tour of Australia to be held in winter. The England and Wales Cricket Board issued a statement clearing the way for the series starting in Brisbane from December 8. England captain Joe Root last week declined to confirm whether he would tour Australia. Australia captain Tim Paine, however, suggested whether Root should come or not, the Ashes series would start on its scheduled time.
The Ashes tour of England this winter will be subject to fulfillment of several important conditions. The decision, taken at the ECB meeting on Friday, comes after a positive conversation between England players and Cricket Australia earlier this week. All issues have been resolved.
English team agrees to tour Australia
Recently there was news that the England team has agreed to tour Australia for the Ashes series. The ‘Daily Telegraph’ had said that talks between representatives of players from both teams, the England and Wales Cricket Board and Cricket Australia and the Australian government were positive. During the conversation, the players of England had expressed concern about the stringent Corona protocol in Australia. It was further said in the report that Jos Buttler will be the only player who will not go to Australia. He had expressed concern about being away from the family for a long time. The five-match Test series is to be held from December 8 to January 18.
The tour was getting stuck because of this
The England team is to leave for Australia at the end of November to play the five-match series. But the English players had objected to the stringent quarantine and bio-bubble rules made by the Australian government to prevent corona infection. The players of England wanted to take their family along with them on the tour of Australia, but the Australian government did not give permission for this. Due to this, many players of England had also spoken of withdrawing from the tour.
Also read: CSK celebrated Deepak Chahar’s engagement, fiancee was also present, Bravo’s birthday also celebrated, Video and Photos