Image Credit source: INSTAGRAM
During the match between Rajasthan Royals and Chennai Super Kings in IPL 2022, Sunil Gavaskar made a controversial comment after which there was a ruckus. He commented on Hetmyer’s wife.
During a cricket match, there is no ruckus only because of the players, sometimes former players doing commentary also say such things that a dispute arises. In the 68th match of IPL 2022, the match between Rajasthan Royals and Chennai Super Kings was going on. Rajasthan team was chasing the score and then Hetmyer came to the crease. After Sunil Gavaskar (Sunil Gavaskar) Said something about his wife, after which this veteran player started getting trolled. Gavaskar said- Shimron Hetmyer’s wife has delivered. Will Hetmyer deliver for Rajasthan Royals? Let us tell you that Hetmyer’s wife has recently become a mother and after this statement of Gavaskar, there is a demand to remove her from the commentary panel. However, Gavaskar is not the first commentator to have said such a thing on air. Let us tell you about those 5 commentators whose statement created a ruckus and even they were banned.
- Former Australian player Dean Jones had made controversial remarks on Hashim Amla during commentary in 2006. This South African cricketer was fielding against Sri Lanka and then Dean Jones called him a terrorist. After this Jones was banned from commentary. However, Jones later personally apologized to Amla.
- Former India cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu was also in controversy due to his commentary. During the commentary in the 2011 World Cup, Navjot Singh Sidhu had made controversial remarks on the Bangladeshi team. Sidhu compared Bangladeshi team to cockroach. After this Sidhu was removed from the commentary panel. During a Test match, Sidhu said after Sehwag’s six – and this skyscraper six. How high did this ball go, it would have brought the kiss of the airhostess.
- Sanjay Manjrekar has also been removed from the commentary panel due to his controversial commentary. This former cricketer criticized Ravindra Jadeja during the year 2019 World Cup, calling him a cricketer who performed in pieces. After this, Jadeja replied to him on social media and said that I have played twice as many matches as you and I am still playing. Learn to respect those who have achieved something. After this the BCCI removed Manjrekar from the commentary panel ahead of the India-South Africa ODI series.
- Australian commentator Carrie O’Keefe made controversial remarks on Mayank Agarwal during India’s tour of Australia in 2018. O’Keefe had said that Mayank’s triple century in a Ranji match was against the railway canteen staff. After this O’Keefe was trolled fiercely and then he had to apologize.
- In 2015, West Indies commentator Fazir Mohammad was banned after West Indies’ humiliating defeat on Australia tour. The West Indies team banned him because he had questioned the training and will power of the team.
: Language Inputs