KL Rahul-Athiya Shetty Wedding: KL Rahul is at that stage of his career today, where his dream of reaching at one time seemed to be falling apart.
KL Rahul was battling injury for a long time
KL Rahul is at the height of his career. Meanwhile, he is also starting a new journey of his life. On Monday, Rahul will take 7 rounds with actress Athiya Shetty. He wants to make this moment even more memorable. Want to cherish this feeling forever, but there are 6 years in his life which he wants to forget forever. In terms of career, he was badly broken in those 6 years. These 6 years are counted among the worst days of his life. At one time his career was considered to be over, but then his life and career took a turn and today he is at that stage, which he once thought was just a dream.
Rahul, who made his international debut in 2014, played 45 Tests, 51 ODIs and 72 T20 matches for India. Today he has become an important part of the Indian team. He is also being considered as the future captain, but at one time his career was considered to be over even before it started properly. Right from the beginning of his career, there was a shadow of injury on Rahul.
today’s big news
- Due to illness in 2015, he could not play the Test match against Bangladesh and then he returned to the Test team in August 2015. He was battling dengue at that time.
- Before the tour of England in 2016, he was performing brilliantly against New Zealand, but due to injury, he was ruled out of the remaining 2 Test matches and ODI series. He could not play 2 Tests even on the tour of England.
- After the injury of 2016, Rahul suffered such an injury in 2017, due to which his career reached the verge of ending. He had suffered a shoulder injury before the IPL.
- Due to injury, Rahul could not even play the Champions Trophy in 2017, where India was defeated by Pakistan in the final. After this Rahul went to London for surgery.
- In 2017 itself, after recovering from a shoulder injury, he went on a tour of Sri Lanka. He also scored a half-century in the 2-day practice match, but before the opening test of the series, he got fever.
- In 2019, BCCI banned him and Hardik Pandya after commenting about women in a television show. This was the worst phase of his life. He was criticized all over the country.
- In 2021, Rahul captained in the absence of Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma. However, after this he suffered a wrist injury on the tour of Australia and he could not play the first 2 Tests on this tour and had to return to India again.
- During IPL 2021, he was struggling with the pain of stones. He had to be taken to the hospital in the middle of the tournament. After the T20 World Cup 2021, Rahul was ruled out of the 2 Test series against New Zealand due to injury.
- In 2022, Rahul was made vice-captain for the limited overs series against the West Indies, but he was ruled out of the T20 series. He was also ruled out of the T20 and Test series against Sri Lanka due to a hamstring injury.
- Just a day before the start of the 5 T20 series against South Africa in 2022, Rahul got injured again and was ruled out of the entire series. After Rahul’s exit, Rishabh Pant took over the captaincy and with this, Rahul’s chances also started decreasing. However, now he is back on track again.