ITR E-Verify: Taxpayers have less than 15 days left to verify ITR details, as the last date to verify ITR is January 30, 2023.
Image Credit source: Representational Image
ITR E-Verify Online On Official Website: If you have not yet verified ITR, then you should quickly verify the ITR details before January 31. If you do not do this, then you will have a notice from the Income Tax Department (Income Tax Notice) may come. Because the Finance Ministry has given two chances to taxpayers to file, update and revise ITR for the financial year 2022-23. Now the last date to verify ITR has also been announced. In such a situation, the taxpayers who have filed ITR will have to do e-verification to confirm their information. Taxpayers have less than 15 days left for this.
According to the Ministry of Finance, it is mandatory for citizens who earn more than Rs 5 lakh annually to file ITR. The last date to file ITR was 31 December 2022 with Latefine. Now the last date to verify ITR is 30 January 2023. If the verification is not done within this time limit, then the ITR filing will be considered invalid. Therefore, verifying all the information given in the taxpayer ITR, do e-verify. Failure to do so may result in income tax notices, legal action or fines.
This is the method of ITR verification
The Income Tax Department has given 6 options to taxpayers to verify ITR. Through which taxpayers can avoid income tax notice or legal action by doing this work ahead of time.
- Taxpayers Official Website of Income Tax Department https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/ Click on the e-verify option
- After this, e-verification can be done through the OTP received on the registered mobile number.
- Taxpayers can also do ITR verification through bank account generated EVC.
- With the help of demat account, the process of e-verification can also be completed through EVC.
- Taxpayers can also complete the verification process through EVC from ATM.
- Taxpayers can also verify ITR with the help of netbanking.
- E-verification of ITR can also be done through Digital Signature Certificate.
Select the option of e-verify like this
Taxpayers can adopt online method to verify belated, revised ITR or updated ITR. For this, he can go to the official website of Income Tax Department https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/ and complete this process by choosing the e-verify option.
: Language Inputs