People of Hindu religion living in different parts of the world celebrate the great festival of Navratri twice a year to get the ultimate blessings of Adi Shakti Maa Jagdamba. Chaitra Shukla Pratipada is celebrated on Vasant and Ashwin Shukla Pratipada on Sharadiya Navratri with full devotion, devotion and gaiety. Today is the sixth date of Shardiya Navratri. Maa Katyayani, the sixth form of Maa Durga, is worshiped on this day.
As we all know that red color is very dear to the mother. Therefore, in order to please the mother, always use red colored items like mother’s clothes, seat, flowers etc. Do aarti and bhajan by lighting a lamp every morning and evening during Navratri. If possible, sit there and recite mother’s text, Saptashati and Durga Chalisa also.
What to do during Navratri
- Follow Brahmacharya in Navratri.
- Do not use garlic-onion in food during Navratri.
- Use rock salt instead of normal salt.
- Wake up before sunrise and don’t sleep during the day.
- Take special care of cleanliness.
- Devotees who keep fast during Navratri should sleep on the ground.
- On the last day of Navratri, unmarried girls must be called home and feed them. Treat the new girls as the new Durga form and worship them.
- During the days of Navratri, every person, especially the fasting person, should give up evil tendencies like anger, attachment, greed etc.
- On Ashtami-Navmi, worship Kanjak with the law and take blessings from them.
- On the last day of Navratri, bid farewell to the mother i.e. immersion with full devotion and devotion.
What not to do during Navratri fast
- Beard-mustache, hair etc. should not be cut during Navratri.
- Those who light the Akhand Jyoti should not leave their house empty for nine days.
- One should not wear any kind of belt, sandal-shoes or things made of leather during the worship.
- Avoid black colored clothes as this color is not considered auspicious.
- Meat, fish, intoxicants like alcohol, gutka, cigarettes etc. should not be consumed.
- Do not hurt anyone’s heart or lie to anyone during the holy days of Navratri.
- One who fasts for nine days should not go near the dead body.
- Avoid making physical relations during Navratri.
What is the result of performing Havan for Durga worship?
- Performing havan with nutmeg brings fame.
- The work is accomplished by raisins.
- Amla brings happiness.
- Lakshmi is attained by performing Havan with wheat.
- Kheer gives family growth, Champa flowers bring wealth and happiness.
- Amla gives fame and banana gives birth to a son.
- Lotus gives royal respect.
- Desired object is obtained from Khand, Ghee, Coconut, Honey, Barley, Sesame and fruits.
Also read- Durgashtami and Mahanavami worship in Navratri has special significance, worshiping Goddess Durga by law and ritual gives miraculous benefits