The control of porters providing services at the railway station is also with the station master. If any porter misbehaves with a passenger or any porter has any problem, then the station master only looks into these matters.
Station Master’s duties and responsibilities
A station master is appointed to oversee all the small and big railway stations under the Indian Railways. The posting of the station master is done at a railway station only and his office is also located in the railway station premises. The station master posted at any railway station has many important jobs. A station master plans all the facilities available to the passengers at the railway station. Today we will learn about the main work and salary of a station master here.
Major duties and responsibilities of Station Master
- Station master is also called the head of a railway station. Therefore, the station master has an important role in the operation of all the trains coming and passing through a station.
- The station master has to keep a close watch on each and every activities in the course of his duty. A small mistake of the station master can also lead to a big accident.
- The station master is responsible for all the employees working at a railway station.
- Keeping in mind the rules of Indian Railways, it is the responsibility of the station master to get any work done at any railway station.
- The station master also looks after the safety and facilities of all the passengers coming to the railway station.
- The control of porters providing services at the railway station is also with the station master. If any porter misbehaves with a passenger or any porter has any problem, then the station master only looks into these matters.
- The Station Master has to maintain the Accident Register and Accident Chart daily. Taking into account any complaints of passengers, action has to be taken.
- A station master has to daily check all the points, signals, panels and track circuits of the railway station.
- It is also the responsibility of the station master to check other signal equipment used at the railway station like hand lamps, safety equipment like fire extinguishers. Apart from this, there are many other important tasks of a station master, which need to be seen. you click on this link can do.
How much salary does the station master get in a month
The station master’s salary depends on his station and city. If the posting of a station master is in a big station like Howrah, Delhi, Mumbai, their salary is more. Whereas the station master posted at a small railway station has less salary. According to Subhasish Dutta Roy, an employee of Indian Railways on Quora, the initial posting of any station master is as an Assistant Station Master (ASM). ASM comes under Group C.
Officer posted in big cities gets more salary
The initial basic payment of ASM is Rs 35400 and the grade pay is Rs 4200. City wise HRA (House Rent Allowance) is available in their salary and there is a big difference in it. Apart from this, the transportation allowance received by the station master also varies. Therefore, there is a difference in the salary of the station master posted in big cities and the station master posted in a small city. In this way the salary of an ASM is around Rs 52186. This salary can also go up and down in terms of stations and cities.