For this, tomato and brinjal nursery are prepared together. After two and a half months, the plants of both become equal. When the thickness of both becomes one, then tomato is transplanted with brinjal.
Tribal children of Kundam and Katni districts of Madhya Pradesh are in a lot of discussion these days. Because these children are doing those things which even very experienced farmers are not able to do easily. These children have become so trained that they are growing tomatoes in brinjal plants. This is done by the drafting method but it is not that easy. But 498 children from 30 villages of these two districts have become proficient in the skill of grafting and are showing their wonders.
Trained under Horticulture Scheme
In fact, 498 children from both the districts are learning the nuances of horticulture in Dhimarkheda, a tribal-dominated area. All the children are joining the scheme to encourage gardening and adding tomatoes to the brinjal plant. This is called grafting. In this technique, the plants start giving fruits in two months, as well as their yield is also higher than normal tomato plants. All the children doing the drafting are in the age group of 10 to 15 years. Now they have become so expert that those children are busy preparing to produce tomato, capsicum and cucumber from the same plant.
advantages of grafting
- The biggest advantage of grafting technique is that the plants grown in this technique are very strong, and survive for a long time even in adverse conditions. Even if these plants are filled with water for 72-96 hours, its plants do not get spoiled.
- Whereas other species of tomato are not able to withstand waterlogging for more than 20 to 24 hours. Plants can be easily planted on the roof and pots of the house with the grafting technique.
- Farmers can also earn good income by adopting this method. By this method we can take two different types of vegetables or fruits from the same plant.
- The production of vegetables and fruits from simple seeds is decreasing, while through grafting such a simple seeded plant can take more product.
how to graph
- First prepare tomato nursery, then cut tomato stems in the shape of brinjal stems and grafting with brinjal.
- Then put a plastic clip on it by applying tape so that it does not move. Then keep the grafted plant in the dark for 24 hours. After 24 hours this plant can be planted in the field. Apart from tomatoes, this technique is also considered effective on capsicum, brinjal and cucumber.
Why are eggplants chosen for grafting?
For this, tomato and brinjal nursery are prepared together. After two and a half months, the plants of both become equal. When the thickness of both becomes one, then tomato is transplanted with brinjal. You know that brinjal plant is strong and tomato plant is weak, so it gives fruit only once. Whereas brinjal plants are strong, so it is selected for grafting.
Cutting is done before grafting
Before grafting, the brinjal and tomato plants are cut diagonally by four to six inches. After this, stick the thin part of the tomato to the thick part of the brinjal. After this it is tied with plastic. This plant starts giving fruit in two months.
Children prepare compost at home
These children have been trained by an institution. Agricultural equipment has been given to make the children self-reliant in the field of agriculture. Children have also been given information about making compost from waste at their home. Children also use it by making manure. Along with this, the education of the children is also taken care of.
Read also: Young couple of Ranchi cultivating roses to promote agro tourism, earning in lakhs