Image Credit source: NewsNCR
To get good yield from the land, it is very important to level the fields. The unevenness of the soil affects the distribution of moisture and nutrients in the soil.
Farmers in changing climateFarmers) is becoming a bit difficult to cultivate. Season (Weather) is increasing the cost and decreasing the earnings. In view of this, agricultural scientists are advocating for a change in the methods of farming. With these changes, farmers are being able to earn more with less expenditure. Experts say that it is very important to level the fields for higher yields. The unevenness of the soil affects the distribution of moisture and nutrients in the soil, affecting seed germination and crop yield. Land leveling is necessary to reduce the cost of cultivation.
Arvind Kumar Singh, Senior Scientist and Principal of Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Parsauni said that farmers will be benefited a lot due to leveling of cultivable land. Cultivation on flat land reduces the cost of cultivation as well as saves time. Once the cultivable land is levelled, there will be a lot of benefit in the works of sowing crops, giving fertilizers and water etc. Like other modern farming machines, laser land leveler machines have also come for land leveling. This is a state-of-the-art technology, completely different from the traditional methods, in which the leveler is automatically controlled by the rays of the laser and level the land in equal measure.
Main parts of machine
There are many parts in the laser land leveler machine which are as follows…
- laser transmitter
- control receiver
- control unit
- hydraulic control unit.
Anshu Gangwar, Agricultural Engineering Scientist of the Center said that before using this device, it is necessary to keep in mind that the field should be deep and finely plowed and there is 5 percent moisture in the field. Weeds in the field should not be paddy or wheat straw and grass etc. This device runs with the help of a tractor of 50-60 horsepower. It takes about two to two and a half hours to level one acre of land. If the land is very rough, then it also takes more time.
work with laser land leveler
While discussing the working method in detail, Ashish Rai, soil expert of the center said that…
- First of all the laser stand is erected on one side of the field.
- The laser transmitter is fitted over the stand.
- The laser transmitter is given current from a battery of 6 bolts to 12 bolts.
- Turn on the laser transmitter and set up a three-legged stand.
- The rays emanating from the laser transmitter are combined with the laser beam.
- The machine control receiver, the laser sensor, raises or lowers the iron pipe above the leveler to receive the laser beam.
- When the green light starts burning in the laser sensor, the rod is tightened at the same place.
- In this way the green light starts burning in the control box.
- After this, when the laser sensor is raised, the leveler starts coming down and when the leveler is dropped, the leveler starts coming up.
- You can set the leveler by lifting it up and down in the same way.
- After setting, start the tractor and run it in a circular motion from inside to outside.
Benefit from Land Leveling by Laser Land Leveler
- About 30 to 35 percent of water is saved in irrigation.
- Modern agricultural equipment like zero tillage, happy seeder, multi crop planter, super seeder, etc. perform well due to the level of land.
- The yield of crops is uniform and increases by 10 to 15 percent.
- The stand and the laser transmitter should not be set between the legs or in the garden.
- The laser transmitter should not be set under a power cord.
- The laser transmitter does not function properly when there is fog, so the laser land leveler should not be operated in foggy conditions.
- The battery must be fully charged, the transmitter will not function if the battery is not charged.
: Language Inputs
“This post is sourced from newspapers, magazines and third-party websites. For more information please check NewsNCR Disclaimer“