Image Credit source: Suman Kumar NewsNCR Digital
The Agriculture Minister said that the country has made significant achievements in the field of food security due to the Green Revolution. This has been possible due to the tireless work of agricultural scientists and crores of farmers of the country. However, now the ill-effects of the Green Revolution are also becoming clear.
Bihar Agriculture Minister Amarendra Pratap Singh said that now farmers (FarmersThe time has come to say bye-bye to chemical based farming. He said that if this does not happen then we will not be able to stop the cancer train. The Agriculture Minister said that the country has made significant achievements in the field of food security due to the Green Revolution. This has been possible due to the tireless work of agricultural scientists and crores of farmers of the country. However, now the ill-effects of the Green Revolution are also becoming clear. Agricultural chemicals, fertilizers and pesticides are being used indiscriminately in the field of agriculture. Initially the need was felt, as the growing population needed modern seeds and fertilizers for food security. But this trend gave rise to such a crisis, which we could not even imagine. Cancer train is running in the areas of Green Revolution, which is very unfortunate.
Under the Jal-Jeevan-Hariyali Abhiyan, the Agriculture Department is running a program to create new water sources for the development of organic farming, weather-friendly agriculture programme, crop residue management, micro irrigation, water harvesting in the field, and watershed. Present chemical based farming methods cannot be sustained like this for long. So now is the time to find new options. In this, farmers can turn towards natural and organic farming.
What did the Agriculture Minister say?
He said that the time has come for farmers to give up chemical farming. If this is not done then there is a danger of the fields becoming barren. They said…
- One has to go towards natural farming.
- Agricultural scientists will have to guide how the work of conservation of nature along with food security can be done by using organic ingredients.
- Scientists need to bring a radical change in their thinking.
- Initiatives are being taken for natural farming in many states of the country.
- Food security is also possible through natural farming.
- Farmers are taking benefits from the organic corridor scheme in Bihar.
- This program is being run specially for the cleanliness of river Ganga.
- Traditional Krishi Vikas Yojana and Namami Gange Yojana are being run for the development of organic farming with the help of the Government of India.
- These efforts need to be taken to a bigger level.
- The selection of crops and varieties suitable for the season is very important.
- Farmers have left the cultivation of crops like bajra, madua, china, kauni.
- This crop is becoming an important option in the changing season.
- It is necessary to develop a new cropping method.
: Language Inputs
“This post is sourced from newspapers, magazines and third-party websites. For more information please check NewsNCR Disclaimer“