For this, standard operating procedure has to be followed. However, these can be changed due to some reasons. According to the current rules set by the government, operational restrictions have to be followed.
Help in the diagnosis of pests and diseases of the crop. (Photo-Chufangagri Drone)
The government has given a conditional exemption to the use of drones to Professor Jaishankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSU) to expand modern methods of agriculture in the country. To encourage the use of drones in the country, the Ministry of Civil Aviation and Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) have granted approval to Telangana State Agricultural University to use drones. This exemption has been granted for the evaluation and standardization of plant protection solutions, agricultural spraying and developing protocols for diagnosis of major pests and diseases in agricultural lands for research of PJTSU in Telangana.
This conditional exemption is valid from the date of issue of the letter in this regard till 16 March 2022 or till the Digital Sky Platform (Phase-1) is fully operational, whichever is earlier. This exemption will be valid only when all the conditions and limitations given below are strictly adhered to. The exemption to use the drone will be revoked if it violates any condition.
Conditions and limitations for PJTSU and Marut DroneTech Pvt Ltd, Hyderabad for use of drones
- According to the current rules set by the government, operational restrictions have to be followed.
- The conditions will apply to the exemption or permission prescribed by various agencies like Ministry of Civil Aviation / Directorate General of Civil Aviation / Ministry of Defense / Indian Air Force / Airports Authority of India / State / District / Civil Authority. Third party insurance has to be done before the drone can operate.
- Standard operating procedure has to be followed. However, these can be changed due to some reasons. If such a situation arises, then they should be recorded in writing.
- Professor Jaishankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSU) and Marut DroneTech Private Limited, Hyderabad will be responsible for the safe operation of the drone and if it causes damage to any person and property.
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation and the Directorate General of Civil Aviation will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the life / property of any person due to or related to this activity.
- This standard operating procedure is exclusively for Prof. Jaishankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSU) for evaluation and standardization of plant safety solutions and developing protocols for diagnosis of pests and diseases using drones in the research farm land of Telangana-based PJTSAU Is valid.
- The approvals given above are without prejudice, to comply with the existing regulations, Civil Aviation Requirements (CAR) and the provisions of various circulars issued from time to time by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation. If any violation of any kind of rules was found during the above recognition of this approval, then this approval can be changed, suspended or canceled without assigning any reason.
Input – PIB
read this also: Farm Income: Why are UP-Bihar farmers poorer than Punjab-Haryana?