The central government has approved the PLI scheme in the food processing sector. A decision in this regard was taken in the cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Modi.
The PLI scheme for the food processing industry was approved in a cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Modi. (File photo)
The Narendra Modi government at the Center made a big announcement for farmers on Wednesday. With this announcement, opportunities for new jobs will be available. There will be many other benefits as well. Actually, the central government has approved the PLI scheme in the food processing sector. A decision in this regard was taken in the cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Modi. There is a provision of 10 thousand 900 crores in this scheme. Its objective is to bring the country to the leading position in the food manufacturing sector globally and promote the brands of Indian food products in the international market.
Giving information about this decision, Food Minister Piyush Goyal said that this decision is a proper dedication for our farmers. At the same time, Union Minister Prakash Javadekar said that this will increase the foreign investment and in addition to providing a reasonable price to the farmers, a large number of employment opportunities will also be created.
What are the objectives of this scheme?
– To support food manufacturing units for fixed minimum sales and minimum fixed investment for increasing processing capacity.
– Creating and branding a better market for Indian products internationally.
– Leading Indian units connected with food sector globally.
Promote selected Indian food products globally and make them widely accepted internationally.
– To increase employment opportunities outside the agricultural sector.
– To ensure suitable remunerative prices for agricultural produce and high income for farmers.
Highlights of this scheme
– To promote the manufacturing of food products including ready to cook / ready to eat food, processed fruits, vegetables, marine products and Majorella cheeses.
– The scheme has been implemented for a period of six years from 2021-22 to 2026-27.
– To encourage companies to market Indian brands abroad. There is also a facility to grant companies for this work.
How will farmers get benefits?
If a farmer cultivates mangoes, then he can apply processing units for the by-products made from mangoes under this scheme. The government will work for promoting and promoting the enterprise of the farmer as well. This will create employment opportunities and at the same time the farmer will be able to increase his earnings from it.
National Portal for Planning
A national portal will be established for this scheme to be implemented across the country. Entrepreneurs will be able to apply for participation in this scheme on the portal. All activities related to the scheme will be done on the national portal. With the implementation of the scheme, the capacity of the processing sector will be expanded and processed food worth Rs 33 thousand 494 crore will be prepared. The government says that under this scheme, employment will be created for about 2.5 lakh persons by the year 2026-27.
Also read- Government’s big plan- People living in villages will get unique number, know what will be the benefit?