Nine Forms of Maa Durga
Today, on 7 October, Shardiya Navratri 2021 is going to start from the Pratipada date of Shukla Paksha of Ashwin month. This time Navratri is of eight days. In Navratri, 9 different forms of Matarani are worshipped. The nine forms of Matrani are as follows-
The first form of Matarani is known as Shailputri. The second name is Brahmacharini, the third Chandraghanta, the fourth Kushmanda, the fifth mother’s name is Skandamata. The sixth form of the goddess is called Katyayani, the seventh is known as Kalratri, the eighth as Mahagauri and the ninth as Siddhidatri. Know here the secret behind these nine names of Mother.
How did these nine names of mother come?
1. Shailputri: Goddess Parvati is known as Shailputri. Shail literally means mountain. She was called Shailputri because she was born as a daughter in the house of Parvatraj Himalaya.
2. Brahmacharini: Brahma means penance, the goddess who practices severe penance is called Brahmacharini. To get Lord Shiva, Mata Parvati did severe penance for years. Therefore the mother was known as Brahmacharini.
3. Chandraghanta: The crescent moon shaped tilak is seated on the head of the goddess, hence she is also known as Chandraghanta.
4. Kushmanda: The goddess has the power to create the universe and she holds the universe within herself from the abdomen to the egg, hence the mother is known by the name Kushmanda.
5. Skandmata: Mata Parvati is the mother of Kartikeya. Skanda is also a name of Kartikeya. In this way the mother of Skanda is called Skandamata.
6. Katyayini: When the tyranny of Mahishasura had increased on the earth, then Lord Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh all three gave their share of brilliance and created a goddess for the destruction of Mahishasura. This goddess was first worshiped by Maharishi Katyayan. Hence she came to be known as Katyayani.
7. Kaalratri: The seventh form of Maa Bhagwati is called Kalratri. Kaal means crisis, which has the power to end every kind of crisis, that mother is Kaalratri. The form of Mother Kalratri is very terrible to see, but she is always going to give auspicious results and she is going to kill the demons. Worshiping this form of Mother destroys all the troubles.
8. Mahagauri: It is said that when the mother had done so much penance to get Lord Shiva that she had turned black. When Mahadev was pleased with her tenacity and accepted her as his wife, Bholenath washed her body with the holy water of Gangaji. After this, the body of the mother had become very bright like an electric light. Its form came to be known as Mahagauri.
9. Siddhidatri: She is called Siddhidatri because she is the goddess who bestows all the siddhis to her devotees. It is believed that by worshiping them, other goddesses are worshipped and even the most difficult tasks of the devotee become easy.
Also Read – Shardiya Navratri 2021: Offer her favorite things to mother for 9 days to get desired results
Also read – Shardiya Navratri 2021: Do not forget to do this work in Navratri, otherwise there may be trouble