Politics has heated up after the violence in Lakhimpur.
Lakhimpur Kheri Violence: Eight people, including four farmers, were killed in violence when they showed black flags to Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya and Union Minister of State for Home Ajay Mishra, who had come to attend a program organized in his native village.
The Uttar Pradesh government has refused permission to the Congress delegation led by Rahul Gandhi to visit Lakhimpur Kheri. Party leaders had planned to meet the family members of four farmers out of the eight killed in Sunday’s violence. But in view of the Section 144 imposed around the incident site, the administration has refused to allow Rahul Gandhi to go there. The Uttar Pradesh government has also deployed police to prevent opposition leaders from traveling to Tikunia, about 70 km from the district headquarters of Lakhimpur Kheri. The state government has announced a judicial inquiry into the Lakhimpur Kheri case under a retired high court judge.
Let us know 15 big updates related to Lakhimpur Kheri so far…
- Rahul Gandhi will hold a press conference today at the Congress headquarters in New Delhi. The party had sought permission from the UP government for a 5-member delegation led by Rahul Gandhi to Lakhimpur Kheri, but they were not allowed. The Congress had sought permission on the ground that leaders of Trinamool Congress (TMC) and Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) were allowed to visit the district on Tuesday.
- Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU) leader Rakesh Tikait on Tuesday gave a week’s ultimatum to the Uttar Pradesh government to arrest the son of the Minister of State for Home. “We have given the government a week’s time to arrest the son of the Union Minister of State (Home). We will all gather here again on the day of ‘Bhog’ (a ritual during the mourning period of 13 days after death) and then discuss and decide the future strategy.’
- A petition has been filed in the Supreme Court seeking a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the Lakhimpur Kheri violence. The petitioners have demanded registration of an FIR against the ministers involved in the incident. However, a case has been registered against many people including Mishra’s son Ashish in this case.
- Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi met Union Home Minister Amit Shah in Delhi on Tuesday and demanded repeal of the Centre’s controversial agriculture laws. Expressing concern over the Lakhimpur violence, he said such incidents cannot be tolerated. Channi condemned the manner in which their leaders were arrested on their way to meet the families of the victims and said that this should stop. Channi said the violence at Lakhimpur Kheri reminded him of the Jallianwala Bagh incident of 1919. Channi alleged that the “murder” of the farmers was done deliberately. The Punjab Chief Minister alleged, “The manner in which the SUV car was overturned and killed on the peaceful protesting farmers was done deliberately.”
- The United Kisan Morcha (Samyukt Kisan Morcha) on Tuesday demanded the arrest of Ajay Mishra’s son Ashish Mishra in the Lakhimpur Kheri incident.
- Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) chief Jayant Chaudhary has insisted on imposition of President’s rule in Uttar Pradesh. He said that the entire state machinery under the Yogi Adityanath government is trying to suppress the truth of what happened in Lakhimpur Kheri.
- A case has been registered against Priyanka Gandhi Vadra and 10 others in Sitapur, where they have been kept under arrest at a guest house. Priyanka Gandhi has been booked under sections 151, 107, 116 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) along with Uttar Pradesh Congress chief Ajay Kumar Lallu, party leader Deepender Hooda and others. This case has been registered under sections related to the custody of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) due to the apprehension of breach of peace. Internet services have been temporarily suspended in Sitapur district, Priyanka Gandhi has been kept in the guest house of PAC camp in Sitapur, jammers have been installed, Congress workers have gathered outside the camp.
- Former Rajasthan Deputy Chief Minister Sachin Pilot on Tuesday demanded a sitting judge of the Supreme Court to investigate the Lakhimpur Kheri violence. “The inquiry should be conducted by a sitting Supreme Court judge as people do not have confidence that the state agencies will bring them justice in this case,” Pilot said.
- Shiv Sena has called for joint action by political parties against the “oppression” of the UP government. In this regard, Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut met Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday.
- Tension has increased once again in Lakhimpur Kheri after a 29-second video of the incident surfaced. In the video, a vehicle can be seen trampling the protesters from behind. The last rites of three farmers were performed on Tuesday, but the family of the fourth demanded a second post-mortem, which was done on Tuesday. The police have said that they will investigate the video.
- Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, who was detained while visiting Lakhimpur Kheri incident victims, released a video on Tuesday urging Prime Minister Narendra Modi to visit Lakhimpur Kheri and listen to the plight of farmers. In the video, Priyanka, referring to the Prime Minister’s arrival in Lucknow today to inaugurate the New Urban India Conclave and Expo, said, ‘I have heard that today you are coming to Lucknow to celebrate the Amrit Mahotsav of Azadi. I urge you to come to Lakhimpur and understand the pain of those who are food donors.
- Several senior leaders, including Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Rajya Sabha member Sanjay Singh, were arrested on Tuesday for trying to visit Lakhimpur Kheri in Uttar Pradesh. The party tweeted that Sanjay Singh and his associates have been arrested on suspicion of disturbing the peace. Singh was in the custody of Sitapur Police for the last 43 hours. On Monday, he was taken into custody in Biswan area of Sitapur while on his way to the spot to meet the farmers of Lakhimpur Kheri case.
- Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) MP Sanjay Singh on Tuesday appealed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to visit Lakhimpur and meet the families of farmers killed in the recent violence there. He said in a questioning tone, ‘You should repent and apologize to those families, immediately sack your minister, get the culprits arrested and as the head of the council of ministers should take responsibility for this incident, should not. Not only Uttar Pradesh but the whole country is in this mourning and shock, how can you celebrate any festival. ‘
- Baghel had landed at the Lucknow airport to meet Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, who was detained in Sitapur, on her way to meet the victims of the Lakhimpur Kheri incident, but she was not allowed out by the police. After this, he sat on a dharna in the airport premises itself. Baghel said that the government cannot stop the truth of the Lakhimpur Kheri incident from coming out. Referring to Union Minister of State for Home Ajay Mishra, he said, “Those who had threatened the farmers and said that get better, or else I will reform, those people will have to be sacked.”
- A letter has been written to the Supreme Court on Tuesday, requesting for a high-level judicial inquiry under the supervision of the apex court in the Lakhimpur Kheri incident of October 3. Two advocates have written a letter requesting Chief Justice NV Raman to take it as a public interest litigation so that the culprits can be brought to justice. The letter, written by advocates Shiv Kumar Tripathi and CS Panda, also sought a direction to the Home Ministry and the police to register an FIR in the matter and punish those allegedly involved in the incident.
It is worth mentioning that on Sunday, eight people, including four farmers, were killed in the violence during showing black flags to Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya and Union Minister of State for Home Ajay Mishra, who came to attend a program organized in his native village. .
read this also: Lakhimpur Violence: Another disclosure in the Lakhimpur violence case, the eyewitness said – the crowd was waving swords; Slogans of Khalistan Zindabad