The Republic Day parade 2023 on January 26 would mark a number of firsts. The parade will include tableaux on a variety of subjects, from culture and spirituality to women’s empowerment, from at least 16 states and Union territories.
The following states are among those that will likely take part in the tableau parade
• Andhra Pradesh
• Arunachal Pradesh
• Tamil Nadu
• Uttar Pradesh
• West Bengal
Also Read: Petrol and diesel price update: Check fuel rates on Sunday
• Dadra and Nagar Haveli,
• Daman and Diu
• Jammu & Kashmir,
23 fighter jets, 18 helicopters, and 8 transport aircraft will participate in the flypast. Also appearing will be a vintage Dakota aircraft.
The seating capacity for the 74th Republic Day celebrations has also been reduced to 45,000 people.
The firsts which will feature in this years Republic Day Parade
- 1. The newly renovated Central Vista will host this year’s Republic Day procession along the Kartavya Path.
- 2. The parade’s chief guest will be an Egyptian premiere, which will take place for the first time. Abdel Fattah El-Sisi, the president of Egypt, has been invited by India to the festivities.
- 3. An Egyptian contingent of 120 members will march in the parade as well.
- 4. Special invitees and their families will be given first-row VVIP tickets for the 74th Republic Day parade for the first time. These distinguished guests would include vegetable vendors, rickshaw pullers, and “shramyogis” (workers who contributed to the Central Vista project).
- 5. The Narcotics Control Bureau will debut a tableaux for Republic Day 2023, an anti-drugs initiative (NCB). The organization’s staff and canine team members will march beside the tableau on Kartavya Path.
- 6. On Thursday, the Ilyushin Il-38 Dolphin aircraft of the Indian Navy will do a flypast for the first time. Additionally, this will be the final time the maritime patrolling aircraft is seen. 50 aircraft in total, including 18 helicopters, 23 fighter jets, and 8 transport planes.
- 7. This year, physical invitation cards for guests and spectators have been replaced by e-invitations via a dedicated portal, www.amantran.mod.gov.in, has been launched. Sale of tickets, admit cards, invitation cards and car parking labels are being issued online through this portal. This will ensure the whole process to be more secure & paperless and enable people from all parts of the country to attend this national event.
- 8. On January 23 and 24, the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Delhi will play host to the first-ever Military Tattoo and Tribal Dance Festival as part of the Republic Day celebrations.
- Also Read: Petrol and diesel price update: Check fuel rates on Sunday
Keep watching our YouTube Channel ‘ News NCR’. Also, please subscribe and follow us on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and TWITTER