Republic Day 2023: In the context of Thursday’s Republic Day celebrations in the nation’s capital, the Delhi Police has issued a traffic alert. There have been provisions established for efficient traffic flow in accordance with the rules.
Vijay Chowk will serve as the starting point of the Republic Day procession at 10:30 AM, which will head toward the Red Fort after that. The parade route includes the Kartavyapath, C-Hexagon, Subash Chandra Bose roundabout, Tilak and Bahadur Shah Zafar Margs, Netaji Subhash Marg, and Red Fort.
Also Read: Republic Day 2023: From cricket and hockey to badminton and track & field, the sporting strides of India since 1950
Traffic advisory for Republic Day 2023
- Starting at 6 p.m. on Wednesday until the parade is completed on Thursday, no traffic will be permitted to proceed on Kartvyapath (from Vijay Chowk to India Gate).
- As on Wednesday at 10 p.m. at Rafi Marg, Janpath, and Man Singh Road, no cross-traffic will be permitted till Thursday after the march has ended.
- On Thursday, the C-Hexagon-India Gate will be blocked to vehicular traffic starting at 9:15 am till the march reaches Tilak Marg.
- Tilak Marg, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, and Subhash Marg will all be closed to vehicular traffic as of Thursday at 10.30 a.m. Depending on how the march moves, cross-traffic will be permitted.
Routes for commuting on Republic Day 2023
- For those heading to Mandir Marg, an alternate route is available from Madarsa, Lodhi Road T-point via Aurobindo Marg, AIIMS Chowk, Ring Road-Dhaula Kaun Vande Matram Marg, Shankar Road.
- Those bound for New Delhi Railway Station from South Delhi can take the Dhaula Kuan, Vande Matram Marg, Panchkuian Road, Connaught Place outer circle, Chelmsford Road route for Paharganj side, or Minto Road.
- To reach Ajmeri Gate, the Bhavbhuti Marg route is suggested.
- Commuters travelling to New Delhi Railway Station from East Delhi can take the Boulevard Road via ISBT Bridge, Rani Jhansi flyover, Jhandewalan roundabout, DB Gupta Road, Sheela Cinema Road, Paharganj Bridge.
- Ring Road, Ashram Chowk, Sarai Kale Khan, Rajghat, Chowk Yamuna Bazar, SP Mukherjee Marg, Chhatta Rail, and Kauria Bridge are the routes that commuters from South Delhi can take to go to Old Delhi Railway Station.
Also Read: Delhi Murder Case: Police submit massive 6629 page chargesheet within 75 days, Aftab asks for new legal representative
What is the update on Delhi Metro?
Bypass traffic chaos on Republic Day with the Delhi Traffic Police’s suggestion to ride the Delhi Metro.
All metro stations will be open for commuters during the Republic Day Parade on Thursday, but access to Central Secretariat and Udyog Bhawan stations will only be granted to parade invitees or ticket holders from 5am to 2pm. Once the parade ends, they can re-board from Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhawan, or Mandi House stations. Plus, metro stations will continue to offer convenient parking options for the public.
From January 26 to January 31, 2022, the “Bharat Parv” will be held at the Red Fort. The Delhi Traffic Police has announced the installation of food courts and artisan booths at Red Fort’s 15 August Park for the general public.
Keep watching our YouTube Channel ‘ News NCR’. Also, please subscribe and follow us on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and TWITTER