Railway Reservation Update: Railways has introduced a significant update to their reservation system, allowing travelers to book tickets for children at half the price directly through their online platform. This new change simplifies the booking process and offers greater convenience for passengers.
Changes in Child Reservation Tickets
Previously, booking tickets for children aged 5 to 11 years required offline booking at railway stations. However, with recent updates to the software, parents can now conveniently book tickets for their children from home through the IRCTC website.
Travel Rules for Children
Children aged 1 to 4 years can travel without a separate reservation. For children aged 5 to 11 years, half the ticket fare is applicable if they share a berth with adults. However, if a separate berth is required, the full fare must be paid.
- Visit the IRCTC website and log in.
- Select the boarding and destination stations.
- Choose your preferred train.
- Check ticket availability.
- Enter passenger details, including name, age, gender, berth preference, and meal preference.
- Proceed to payment and fill in the required details.
- Once payment is complete, your booking is confirmed, and details will be sent via email or phone.
Ensure you have one of the following valid identification documents for booking:
- Aadhar card
- Voter photo identity card
- Driving license
- PAN card
- Central/State Government-issued photo identity card
- Student ID card with photo
- Bank passbook with photo
- Laminated Photograph Credit Cards
- Photo ID with serial number
With these updates, booking train tickets for children has become more accessible and convenient for travelers.
Keep watching our YouTube Channel ‘ News NCR’. Also, please subscribe and follow us on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and TWITTER