The common people are getting the benefit of the fall in the prices of crude oil in the international market. On Tuesday, the oil companies had cut the rate of petrol and diesel. However, prices are stable on Wednesday and Thursday.
Oil companies have released the latest update of petrol-diesel for Thursday.
The general public of the country will be given the benefit of the decrease in the prices of crude oil in the international market. Petroleum Secretary Tarun Kapoor has said this on Wednesday. After his statement, domestic oil companies have not made any change in the rate of petrol and diesel on Thursday. Today was the second consecutive day, when there has been no change in the prices of petrol and diesel. Earlier on Tuesday, petrol was cheaper by 22 paise and diesel by 23 paise per liter. Last week too, the price of fuel was cut 2 times. Cooking gas has also become cheaper by Rs 10 per cylinder for the month of April.
Benefit of cheap crude
Kapoor has expressed the hope that crude oil will remain stable in the international market for some time. The benefit of softening of prices will be given to the common people. Let us know that the price of crude had reached $ 71 per barrel in March, after which there was a big rise in the prices of fuel in the domestic market. However, it has come down to $ 64 a barrel on Wednesday. In the recent week, after the fall in crude, there has been a decline in domestic fuel prices.
Petrol prices in major cities
- Delhi (Delhi Petrol Price Today): Rs 90.56 per liter
- Mumbai (Mumbai Petrol Price Today): Rs 96.98 per liter
- Kolkata (Kolkata Petrol Price Today): Rs 90.77 per liter
- Chennai Petrol Price Today: Rs 92.58 per liter
- Noida Petrol Price Today: Rs 88.91 per liter
Diesel prices in major cities
- Delhi (Delhi Diesel Price Today): Rs 80.87 per liter
- Mumbai (Mumbai Diesel Price Today): Rs 87.96 per liter
- Kolkata Diesel Price Today: Rs 83.75 per liter
- Chennai (Chennai Diesel Price Today): Rs 85.88 per liter
- Noida (Diesel Price Today): Rs 81.33 per liter
How to know petrol-diesel price in your city
You can also know the price of petrol and diesel in your city through SMS. For this, you have to make a message from your phone and you get the complete detail on your phone. Write RSP and your city code in your mobile and send it to number 9224992249. Petrol and diesel rates will come to your city immediately on your mobile. The code for each city is different, which you will find on the IOC website. If you want, you can also install the mobile app of IOC.
Also read: Why PAN card is important, where it is used every day, instant check