The post office savings account can now be opened even while sitting at home. For this, the IPPB app has to be downloaded. We are giving full information about it.
There are many benefits available on the post office saving scheme.
Recently, the government decided to reduce the interest on small savings schemes. But, the very next day, the government took back this decision and said that there will be no change in the interest rates of the current quarter on this scheme. The number of people investing in small savings schemes is very high. The most important thing about these schemes is that investors’ money is safe and they also get government guarantee on their capital. Very little amount can also be invested in these schemes.
In view of all these factors, small savings schemes are considered to be the most safe investment option. Your money remains safe by investing in it. Along with that you also get better interest. For these schemes, the central government revises the interest rates every three months. India Post also facilitates these schemes. Today we are giving you complete information about opening this account at a pinch sitting at India Post Payments Bank.
India Post Payments bank account can be opened by depositing Rs 1,000. The maximum investment limit is Rs 4.5 lakh for a single account and Rs 9 lakh for a joint account. You do not even need to visit the post office branch to open this account. You can also open your account through the IPPB mobile app sitting at home. Let’s know what the whole process is for this.
- First of all download the IPPB Mobile Banking App on your smartphone.
- After this, after opening this app, tap on the option of ‘Open Account’.
- Here you have to enter your PAN card number and Aadhaar number
- In the next step, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. Fill this OTP in the space provided.
- After this, you have to give information about your mother’s name, your educational qualification, address and nominee.
- After filling the above information, tap on the submit button.
Remember that digital saving account will be valid for one year only. Complete biometric certification will be issued within one year. After this, you can open a regular savings account.
Also read: How much does a wife get in husband’s family property? Know your rights if you are a woman