Shardiya Navratri has started. In Navratri, we chant the hymns, lessons and mantras of Maa Durga. Devotees follow the rules of fasting with devotion. Today, on the fifth day of Navratri, Maa Katyayani will be worshipped. Wearing red colored clothes on this day is considered auspicious. During Navratri, devotees take various measures. Along with this, 16 adornments are offered to Mata Rani.
By offering sixteen makeup, happiness and prosperity remains in the house. Also, Mata Rani fulfills all your wishes. Why is Goddess Durga’s sixteen makeup done in Navratri? Let us know the importance behind it.
1. Vermilion- In Hinduism, vermilion is very important for married women. By applying vermilion, the husband has a long life. Before worshiping Maa Durga, women use vermilion for makeup.
2. Mehndi- Mehndi is a symbol of love for married women. Mehndi is applied before doing any auspicious work. For married women, makeup without henna is considered incomplete.
3. Red Couple- Maa Durga is very fond of red color. Many people like to worship by wearing red clothes during the worship of Navratri.
4. Gajra- According to Hindu religion, Maa Durga is very dear to Mogre’s Gajra. Gajra can be planted in Navratri to please Goddess Durga.
5. Mascara- Kajal is a makeup that works to enhance the beauty of your eyes. It is believed that by applying kajal, the evil eye is also avoided.
6. Mang Tika – Mang Tika is worn in marriage. There is a belief about the demand vaccine that the newlyweds are worn in the middle of the head so that they always walk on the right path with their spouse after marriage.
7. Nath- In Hinduism, it is necessary to have many ornaments in the nose of married women, so they often wear nosepins. Apart from this, earrings, mangalsutra, armband, bangle, waistband, nettle, anklet, bindi, red color have special significance. All these things are related to your good fortune and each one has a different religious significance.
In Navratri, married women do sixteen makeup. It is said that by doing this, positivity remains in the house. The importance of sixteen makeup is also mentioned in the Vedas. Doing sixteen makeup of Maa Durga in Navratri brings happiness and good fortune in the house.
Note- The information given here is based on religious beliefs and folk beliefs, there is no scientific evidence for this. It has been presented here keeping in mind the general public interest.
Also read – What to do and what not to do during Navratri, the use of these things in the Havan of Maa Durga leads to different fruits
Also Read – Durga Puja 2021: Know More About The Date, Timing, Significance And Celebration Of This Hindu Festival