At this time, the finished crop in the fields is blooming. In such a situation, if there is a fire in the fields, then the entire hard work of the farmers is wasted.
Incidents of crop fire have increased in these days.
Gradually, the heat is increasing. With the increase in heat, the troubles of farmers have also started. For one thing, due to increased heat and hot winds from above, fire incidents have also started to increase. At this time, the finished crop in the fields is blooming. In such a situation, if there is a fire in the fields, the entire hard work of the farmers is wasted.
At present, Rabi crops, especially wheat are in the fields. Harvesting is going on in many areas, but harvesting has not started in some parts. Wheat harvesting will be completed in the coming few days. Meanwhile, incidents of fire in wheat crop are coming out from different parts of the country. In such a situation, it is important to know why these days there is a fire in crops?
– The leaves of the trees fall after the fall and become dry due to the heat. If there is a spark from somewhere, the fire spreads quickly and there is a lot of damage.
– Sometimes the weather gets bad and there are incidents of lightning, which causes the crop to catch fire.
– In the summer, strong winds and electric wires also cause incidents of fire.
– Sometimes the old wire is not replaced due to the negligence of the electricity department. In storms or strong winds, these wires fall down and cause a fire.
– Loose wires of electricity also become the cause of accidents many times. In these, there are incidents of collision fire and damage to crops.
Do crop insurance schemes compensate farmers for their losses?
On January 13, 2016, the Modi government at the Center launched the Farmers Crop Insurance Scheme for farmers. Under this, due to natural calamities like floods, thunderstorms, hail and heavy rain, the crop of farmers gets spoiled. This plan was started to get them out of this crisis. Under this, farmers have to pay 2 percent premium for Kharif crop and 1.5 percent premium for Rabi crop. The Agricultural Insurance Company of India runs this scheme. However, losses due to fire incidents are not compensated under this scheme.
Under the Farmers Crop Insurance Scheme, insurance is provided only if the crop is destroyed due to natural fire due to lightning. In such a situation, farmers will have to make efforts on their own to save their crop from fire at this time. The electricity department should also keep an eye on the wire in time and replace the old wire, so that accidents can be avoided.
Also read- Central and Punjab government face to face on direct payment to farmers, know what is the whole matter