The Delhi High Court has told the Delhi government that financial assistance of Rs 10,000 is not enough for construction workers to get infected. The court said on the board’s proposal that instead of RT-PCR, antigen test should be sufficient.
Construction workers standing for documents verification
A hearing was held in the High Court on Wednesday for financial assistance to registered construction workers in the capital Delhi. The court has told the Delhi government that this financial assistance of Rs 10,000 is not sufficient as there is every possibility that more than one member in the same family may be infected with Kovid-19. The court also disagreed with the proposal to the ‘Delhi Building and Construction Workers’ Welfare Board’, stating that RT-PCR test would be required to get help for these workers.
The court said that conducting RT-PCR test for workers will neither be economical nor it proves to be perfect every time. The court said that Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) should be sufficient after the doctor writes the form.
What did the court say when workers’ bank details were sought again?
On bank details for the benefit of this scheme to the workers, the court said that information has been taken in this bore during registration itself. In such a situation, many types of confusions can be created by its demand again. However, the Delhi government’s counsel told the court that recently several banks have merged. If such bank details are not verified again, many beneficiaries will not get the benefit.
Workers with pending applications will also get benefit
The board has said that bank details will be sought only from those beneficiaries whose payment fails. The court accepted the Delhi Government’s view that all the beneficiaries should be informed about this scheme through SMS. The benefits of this scheme should also be given to those whose renewal application board has pending.
What construction workers need to do to register their data
- For this, you will have to register on the website www.edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in with the help of Aadhaar card.
- Once the registration is complete, you will have to come to this website once again. Here you have to click on ‘Bocw Registration and Renewal services’.
- After choosing the appropriate service from it, fill the entire form and attach the required documents.
- After successful submission, your enrollment form will be generated and time and date will also be available for verification.
- After this the construction worker will have to go to the CSC counter with the agreement and original documents.
- After this, the office staff will mix the details and verify the original documents. In addition, they will also charge the outstanding fees.
- After all the details are verified, the application will be sent for verification of the verifier.
- The Deputy Secretary / Registration Authority application will be digitally signed.
- After this, the labor card will be issued to the workers along with the signature.
Also read: Why do children first call parents as ‘Mummy-father’? Know the science behind it