The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has asked Aadhaar card holders to always keep their mobile number updated in Aadhaar. UIDAI has given this advice to protect itself from fraud. If the mobile number is not updated, then the information about the fraud taking place from Aadhaar will not be available and its complaint will not be able to be lodged further.
UIDAI has cautioned people that since it is necessary to have a registered mobile number for Aadhaar online service, whatever number is in Aadhaar should be updated. If the mobile number changes when the mobile is lost, it should be updated in Aadhaar immediately. If no phone number is given in Aadhaar, then it should be registered immediately by going to the nearest Aadhaar center.
While getting Aadhaar, we have to provide email, address and mobile number. If there is any change later, it has to be updated. To know whether the information is updated in Aadhaar or not, you can verify it on the website of Aadhaar. To verify the mobile number and email, you can follow the steps given below.
- Visit the official website of UIDAI at uidai.gov.in or click on https://resident.uidai.gov.in/verify-email-mobile
- If you go to the official website of UIDAI then click on My Aadhaar
- Now go to Aadhaar Services tab and select Verify Email/Mobile Number
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number here carefully
- In the contact details, give details like mobile number and email etc.
- Now complete the captcha verification
- Now click on send OTP
Along with this, an OTP will come on your mobile number and email id. This will show that your mobile number and email id are registered in Aadhaar. If mobile number is not updated in Aadhaar then you can. The applicant will have to visit the Aadhaar center to register or update the mobile number in Aadhaar. It takes 90 days for the number to be updated. To register your mobile number in Aadhaar, you can follow these steps-
- Visit your nearest Aadhar Center and fill the Aadhar Card Correction Form
- Enter the mobile number to be updated in Aadhaar
- Submit the correction form and provide your biometric data for authentication
- Aadhar center employee will give you a receipt
- An Update Request Number (URN) is mentioned in the receipt
- Aadhar update status can be checked using this URN
- After updating mobile number in Aadhaar (Update Mobile Number with Aadhaar), you do not need to take another Aadhaar card.
- As soon as your mobile number is registered with Aadhar, Aadhar OTP will be received on your number.
- If you want, you can also check the updated status of Aadhaar by calling UADAI’s toll-free number 1947
Read also: The price of this cryptocurrency increased by 260% in the last 7 days, investors became rich in 24 hours