If you have moved to a new city and your address has changed, do not forget to update the same in Aadhaar. You can get your address changed in Aadhaar through Self Service Update Portal.
Aadhaar has now become one of the most important documents for us. It is necessary to link it in the bank account and without this you cannot take advantage of any government schemes. The Income Tax Department has also made it mandatory to link PAN card with Aadhaar. But many times we have to update our address in our Aadhar card. Often people who change cities due to job or employment, they have to do this work. You can update the address in Aadhaar from the Self Service Update Portal of UIDAI. Let us know what is its method.
If you have moved to a new city and your address has changed, do not forget to update the same in Aadhaar. You can get your address changed in Aadhaar through Self Service Update Portal. Valid document is mandatory for this service. Upload the scanned copy of the original letter on the portal. Your mobile must be linked with Aadhaar for this service.
UIDAI also tweeted
UIDAI has also given information about this by tweeting. In the tweet, UIDAI wrote – If you want to change your address in Aadhaar, then you can do it through Self Service Update Portal (SSUP).
If you want to change your address in Aadhaar, you can do so through Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). Click – https://t.co/II1O6P5IHq #AadhaarSSUP #UpdateAadhaarOnline #UpdateNameInAadhaar #Updateonline #Aadhaar #aadhar pic.twitter.com/YTiLuZzYca
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) June 22, 2021
These documents will be needed
Ration/PDS Photo Card
government photo identity card
This is the method of online application
- how to update aadhar card information online
- Go to the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal and click on Update your Address Online.
- If you have a valid address proof, click on Proceed to Update Address.
- In the new window, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and click on Send OTP or Enter a TOTP
- An OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered in the database of UIDAI
- Enter this OTP to login to your Aadhaar account.
- You can select Update Address by Address Proof option or Update Address vis Secret Code option.
- Enter your residential address as mentioned in the Proof of Address (POA) and click on the Preview button.
- If you want to edit your address, click on Modify option and tick the declaration and click on submit button.
- Select the document type you want to present as POA for verification and upload the scanned copy of the address proof and click on the submit button.
- Your Aadhaar update request will be accepted and 14 digit URN will be generated.
Check application status like this
If you want to check the status of your request, you can do so with the help of SRN. You can track the status of your request using this SRN and your Aadhaar number. SRN number is generated when you apply for change of address.