Oxygen level on earth: The amount of oxygen on earth, as a planet, balances our environment. If its balance is disturbed then the losses can also be large.
A person takes an oxygen cylinder. (Symbolic picture)
The way India is struggling with lack of oxygen due to corona, in this case, many users are asking the question, what will happen if the amount of oxygen on the earth is doubled? Actually, before answering this, we have to understand how much oxygen there is in the atmosphere, in which we all live. Secondly, which are the gases which are in large quantities.
How much oxygen is there?
According to insh.world, an international website writing on science, our atmosphere contains about 20.3% oxygen, while nitrogen is 78%. A person breathes about 23000 times a day. When oxygen goes into the body with the breath, it works to keep our brains and cells healthy, that is, it gives energy. 90 percent of the energy in the body comes from oxygen, while the remaining energy comes from food and water.
If oxygen doubles?
1. All the small insects which are pimples, cockroaches etc. will become very large. Exactly like, sometimes you have seen small insects in a big size in a Hollywood movie. Because if such pests get more oxygen, then their size will become bigger. That is, the size of a ant can be equal to that of a pigeon. According to Science, 30 million years ago, when there was about 30 percent oxygen in the Earth’s atmosphere, the size of insects and pranks was quite large.
2. Any person will feel more energy. Blood circulation will improve within humans. Illnesses will reduce. But this for a very short time because some such long term diseases will also come with it, which can have an impact on human life. Also, if the oxygen level in the body is high, then the risk of oxygen toxicity will also increase.
3. Forest fires will become more destructive. Due to excess oxygen in the atmosphere, the incidence of fire will increase and fire will start soon.
4. Oxygen cylinders will not be required to go to Mount Everest. You will be able to take oxygen easily even after reaching such a high peak.
5. Most importantly, oxygen not only plays an important role for us (humans and animals), but also balances the entire earth as a planet. Therefore, if the amount of oxygen on the earth becomes more, then there will be a fear of deteriorating the balance.
Also read: Explained: Antibody cocktail will cure corona, learn everything about this drug of Swiss company Roche