If you do this work offline, then you will need to go to the gas agency with some documents. With the help of these documents, the gas distributor will change its record and make the paper according to the new gas agency.
Transferring LPG gas connection (LPG) is a huge task, if the information is not accurate. If you know the rules related to transfer, then this work can be done very easily. There are two different rules in this. If the city where you live, the gas connection is to be transferred to another place in the same city, then its rule is different. If you want to transfer LPG gas connection from one city to another, then its rules are different.
If you change the house according to your convenience and want to take your LPG cylinder from the new gas agency, then its rule is somewhat simple. In this you do not need to return the cylinder and the regulator.
Connection transfer in the same city
For this, you will have to tell your existing gas agency that you are changing the house to another place in the city. So the gas agency has to be changed. If you do this work offline, then you will need to go to the gas agency with some documents. With the help of these documents, the gas distributor will change its record and make the paper according to the new gas agency. This rule is for when you are moving within the same distributor’s area. There is no hassle in this. The bus distributor updates the gas paper according to the new home address. There may be some trouble when you are moving from one distributor’s area to another. For this you can take the following steps-
Suppose you take a gas cylinder from Indane agency. You will have to contact your gas agency for changing houses in the same city. For this, you will have to carry the original subscription voucher along with you.
- With the help of that voucher, the gas distributor will generate a Transfer Termination Voucher (TTV) based on the new home address
- Now contact the gas agency in your new area from where you want to get the cylinder. In this agency you have to carry address proof, TTV and domestic gas consumer card i.e. gas passbook.
- On this basis the new distributor will generate your Transfer Subscription Voucher (TSV) which will be based on the TTV given by your old gas agency. After this you will get new consumer number
- All these details will be entered in your DGCC booklet
Keep in mind, since you are changing your house in the same city, you are only changing the gas agency. So you will not need to deposit cylinder and regulator. You have to keep all these things with you.
If changing houses in another city
- Hand over the gas cylinder and regulator to your gas distributor
- Don’t forget to take the subscription voucher and TSV with you. The gas booklet will also have to be submitted along with the cylinder and the regulator.
- Based on this, the gas distributor will generate a Termination Voucher (TV) which will be in your name. On this you will have the same address as where you are going. Refund amount will be given to you after depositing the cylinder
Now on the basis of this termination voucher, you contact the gas agency of the new area. Submit the amount of LPG gas connection. You will get LPG cylinder and regulator immediately
read this also: SBI told that there may be loss due to not knowing the necessary rules related to ATM card