Animal husbandry has been going on in Jharkhand for a long time, especially goat rearing has always been done by the people here. Goat rearing has always been a source of additional income for the farmers.
Take care of goats like this in the rain
Goat rearing is considered to be the backbone of the rural economy in Jharkhand. Especially for the farmers, it works like an ATM, goat rearing can give additional income to the farmers of the state. Goat farming can be a better option to make rural women self-reliant and to connect the youth with self-employment. Therefore goats have been distributed among women and farmers from time to time. Goat does not like moisture, it prefers to live in a dry place. Due to the moisture in the place of his living, diseases come in him.
Goat is a source of extra income
Goats have to pay special attention in the rainy season. Because there is also moisture in this season, due to rain, it is not able to graze properly in the open. Therefore, there is a problem for their fodder as well. Dr Bharat Mahato, scientist of KVK Divyan Morhabadi, says that animal husbandry has been going on in Jharkhand for a long time, especially goat rearing has always been done by the people here. Goat rearing has always been a source of additional income for the farmers.
risk of getting sick
There would be a slight change in the maintenance methods for keeping the goat in each season. So at this time the rainy season is going on. So how to take care of goat, as soon as the rainy season comes, diseases also come in goats. In such a situation, their chances of getting sick greatly increase. Therefore, in this season, it is very important to pay attention to some things to take production according to their racial capability. If they are taken care of, then the mortality rate in goats and their young is reduced. Simultaneously, the growth is also good, due to which the farmers get more profit than other seasons.
Keep these things in mind during the rainy season
- In the rainy season, attention should be paid to some special things related to goats, whether they are small-scale farmers or goat rearing on a large scale.
- Before the rains start, attention should be paid to the shed of the goats. It should be seen that it does not need repair. When goats get waterlogged in their sheds, they are at risk of pneumonia.
- Farmers keep cows and goats at the same place in their homes, due to which their room remains very wet. Therefore, it is to be noted that the floor of the goat shed remains dry. Also it should be airy.
- Special attention should be paid to food, because in this season we eat more than getting more green fodder, which causes problems.
- Keep a balanced diet at home, so that there is no shortage of food for goats during the rainy season.
Read also: Young couple of Ranchi cultivating roses to promote agro tourism, earning in lakhs