Prime Minister Narendra Modi started the Jan Dhan Yojana in the year 2015. If you want to open a new Jan Dhan account, you can open it by going to a bank branch.
Who does not know about Pradhanmantri Jandhan Yojna? This scheme started about six years ago and till now more than 40 crore people are taking benefits under this scheme in the country. Last year, when the lockdown took place, the central government put 500-500 rupees in these accounts as a relief. Under this scheme, there is no tension of minimum balance, benefits of government facilities, all types of benefits including accident insurance.
If you have not yet connected to Jan Dhan account… or you already have a normal savings account in the bank, then you can get it converted into Jan Dhan account. Its process is very easy. What you have to do for this, what are its benefits… We are giving you all this information here.
How to convert your account to Jan Dhan?
You can get your savings account converted into Jan Dhan account. For this, you have to go to your bank branch. Here you have to apply for RuPay Card. For this, filling the prescribed form and submitting it to the bank. Once this form is approved, your savings account will be converted into Jan Dhan account.
What are the benefits of Jan Dhan account?
- There is no need to keep minimum balance in this.
- This account will continue to receive interest like a savings account.
- In this, the facility of free mobile banking is provided.
- Accident insurance cover up to 2 lakh rupees.
- Overdraft facility of up to 10 thousand rupees is available.
- Life cover up to Rs 30,000 is available.
(This is met on the eligibility conditions on the death of the beneficiary)
- To withdraw cash and use in shopping, RuPay Card (RuPay Card) is given.
Do government schemes get benefits?
- In many types of government schemes, direct money comes into the account.
- It is easy to buy insurance, pension products through Jan Dhan account.
- There is a facility of money transfer across the country.
- In schemes like PM Kisan and Shramayogi Maandhan, an account will be opened for pension.
What to do if you want to open a new account?
If you want to open a new Jan Dhan account, you can open it by going to a bank branch. Fill the prescribed form of Jan Dhan account here. Your name and address, mobile number, bank branch name, business / employment, number of dependents, annual income, nominee, village code or town code, etc. will have to be given.
Which documents are valid for opening an account?
- Aadhar Card
- pan card
- MNREGA job card
- driving license
- Voter ID Card
More than 40 crores people are availing benefits
Prime Minister Narendra Modi started the Jan Dhan Yojana in the year 2015. Especially in the scheme started keeping in mind the low income group ie weaker section, accounts were opened in zero balance. Through this scheme, a target has been set by the government to connect every citizen of the country. Any citizen living in India, whose age is 10 years or more, can open a Jan Dhan account. According to media reports, more than 40 crore accounts have been opened under this scheme so far.
Also read: Second wave of Corona havoc: Will those who deposit loan installment get relief from RBI?