You can earn good profits from celery cultivation.
Celery is an essential crop of spices. It is liked all over the world. Its botanical name is Tachyspermum emmi. Farmers can earn good profits from its cultivation. In this news we will learn about the cultivation of celery.
- Crop Geometry: Row to row distance is 45 cms. And the distance from plant to plant is 20 to 30 cm.
- Manures and Fertilizers: 8-10 ton per hectare decomposed cow dung or compost should be mixed well in the field one month before sowing. 90 kg nitrogen, 40 kg phosphate and 30 kg potash. Half quantity of Nitrogen and full quantity of Phosphorus and Potash should be mixed in the field at the time of last plowing and remaining quantity should be given 30 to 60 days after sowing in the form of topdressing along with irrigation.
- Irrigation: 4 to 5 irrigations at an interval of 15 to 25 days depending on the soil and season.
- weed control: Spraying of Oxidiargyl at the rate of 75 g per hectare should be done after sowing and before seed germination, followed by hoeing after 45 days of sowing.
- Production: 12-15 in irrigated area and 4-6 quintals per hectare in unirrigated area.
- Suitable Climate: Moderately cool and dry climate is favorable for its cultivation for good plant growth and flowering.
- Soil Selection: 6.5 to 7.5 pH value and loamy soil, in which proper drainage and sufficient organic matter are available, is suitable for its cultivation.
- Seed Advanced: Species Gujarat Ajwain-1, Ajmer Ajwain-1, Ajmer Ajwain-2, Pratap Ajwain-1
- Time of sowing: September to October is considered suitable for Rabi crop and July to August is considered suitable for Kharif crop.
- Seed Rate: 2.5 to 3.5 kg Rabi season and 4-5 kg Kharif season seed per hectare.
- Seed Treatment: Seed should be treated with Carbondazim/Captan/Thiram 2-3 grams per kg seed before sowing.