Aryan Khan’s bail plea hearing today.
The bail plea of Aryan Khan, son of film actor Shahrukh Khan, is being heard in the court on Wednesday. NCB has opposed Aryan Khan’s bail. NCB has filed its reply in the court. In this, it has been said on behalf of NCB that the role of Aryan cannot be understood apart from that of accused Arbaaz Merchant. Aryan may not have found drugs, but he was in contact with a drug peddler.
It has been said from NCB that this is a big conspiracy which needs to be investigated. Aryan Khan was also involved in the purchase of drugs found from Arbaaz Merchant. Apart from this, evidence has been found of the accused being involved in the transaction of drugs from abroad.
- Even when Aryan Khan was arrested on 3 October, there was no mention of this section which he is now alleging. They have nothing to do with the charges for which my client was arrested (drugs consumption, sale and possession).
- Amit Desai said that some other accused related to the case are being named, on whom a case has been registered under 27A. But there is no name of Aryan Khan anywhere in it. Illicit trafficking has been written only for their custody. Achit has also not been arrested under 27A. He further said that before the court gives any decision on this matter, I want to tell them that action on illegal trafficking is done only under 27A and till date this has not happened with Aryan Khan.
- Action can be taken under Illicit Trafficking under 27A. This is the only provision under which action can be taken. But on going into the remand application, it is found that there is no mention of illegal trafficking in the Panchnama. When Aryan Khan was searched, his mobile phone was confiscated. 27A is not mentioned in the remand application. This is because they know that Aryan Khan has nothing to do with it.
- Amit Desai said that this is a Conspiracy in which all these are being added to it. Not everyone was arrested from the cruise. People were also arrested from outside. Illicit trafficking includes things like Cultivation, Production, Manufacturing, Consumption, Import export of drugs. They have nothing to do with any such thing. Yet illegal trafficking has been written.
- Amit Desai said that NCB mentioned international drug trafficking and included Aryan Khan’s name in it. I think NCB will know that information about illegal trafficking has been given in the NDPS Act and this is a serious thing. Such words should not be used as such. All this has been done only to stop the bail plea. Have you been able to connect Aryan Khan in any way? The court has heard such cases in the past as well. Aryan Khan was linked to Illicit Trafficking without recovery of any drugs.
- Amit Desai said, from the document which has been drafted by NCB, it seems that Aryan Khan has to do with all these. But there is no such thing and that is why we are here before the court.
- Amit Desai said that in the reply filed by NCB this morning, information about this matter has been given earlier. Later it has been said that all these accused are related to each other. The only thing NCB is arguing about is that all are connected to each other. Drugs don’t come from Aryan Khan, they get it from his friend. It has also been said in this that Arbaaz has taken the names of other people, not Aryan. Earlier it was not said that drugs were supplied to Aryan, but later it was said that they were also supplied to him.
- Whatever things came out later, its information was received from other accused. The drugs that were found, they got from others. Our client has nothing to do with him. But still, there is talk of international drug trafficking by linking them together. Although it has nothing to do with it.
- Aryan’s lawyer Amit Desai said in the court that after the first information was taken with Aryan Khan, no questioning or statement was taken from him. Whose name got from Aryan Khan, he has also been arrested. Now bail should be given.
- Aryan’s lawyer Amit Desai said that NCB has done cut and paste work at many places. But the names of the rest of the accused were not mentioned in the first remand application. In the end it has been written that 5 people have been arrested. Later it was said that many evidences have been found from Aryan Khan’s mobile phone and its international wires are also being connected, so there has been a demand to increase the remand. Now it is telling that how many remands have been done in the whole case so far.
- He said that Achit’s name comes up during the third remand and it is said that Aryan Khan has given information about it. Achit gives 2.6 grams of ganja, this is the only wire that has been linked to Aryan.
- Aryan’s lawyer Amit Desai said that I am telling the facts to the court. Time and again NCB is talking about the big picture. But they do not have the right to catch such people who have nothing to do with it.
- Advocate Amit Desai said that the NCB, adding the three accused together, Aryan is also added in the case of purchase and sale of drugs and consumption. Arbaaz admitted that he was going to use the charas himself, so where does the talk of the cell come from in this case. The recovery that took place is not getting any connection with Aryan Khan.
- Aryan Khan’s lawyer Amit Desai said that out of the drugs and cash that is being talked about again and again, nothing was found from Aryan Khan and out of all the drugs, only 6 grams of charas was found with Arbaaz. But one thing that is visible is that neither charas nor MD or any pill or cash was with Aryan. Aryan did not have drugs, so he could not consume it. He didn’t have cash so he couldn’t buy it.
- Advocate Amit Desai said that Aryan Khan, Arbaaz Merchant and Munmun were arrested on October 3. Where in Panchnama it was said that Aryan Khan and Arbaaz Merchant were together. We have nothing to do with Munmun. I do not know on what basis he was arrested. All I know is that Aryan and Arbaaz were taken into custody together. But after producing all three in the court, they were arrested together.
- Giving information about other people present in the Panchnama, Amit Desai told the court that drugs were found from someone, money to buy drugs from someone. But nothing was found from Aryan Khan. He further said that NCB says that Aryan Khan admitted that he was going to consume the charas present with Arbaaz, but the court also knows how to get things done.
- Amit Desai told the court, “The information on the basis of which this action was taken proved to be wrong in the case of Aryan Khan. Aryan Khan neither had drugs, nor did he use it.
- Amit Desai further said, “I talk about Aryan. On the basis of the information, NCB came to know that some people are doing the work of consuming and selling drugs. But on the basis of the information received, you can see that nothing was found with Aryan Khan. Neither did he use it, nor did he have the drugs, nor did he sell it.”
- Amit Desai said that 6 grams of charas was found from Arbaaz Merchant. But the names of both were added to it. Nothing was found from Aryan Khan. In the case of Arbaaz Merchant, his lawyer will tell how it was found in very small quantities.
- After that two more people reach the departure gate which are Aryan Khan and Arbaaz Merchant. He was also informed by the NCB officials and asked if he had any drugs. In it, Arbaaz Merchant admitted that there is charas in his shoes. A total of 6 grams of charas was found.
- Advocate Amit Desai further said, investigation was started at 6.50 pm and search was started. Drugs, contra bands were also found from some people. 5 grams of MD, 10 grams of cocaine, 10 grams of charas were recovered from some people. 15 tablets of drugs were found from Ishmeet Singh Chadda, 40 thousand cash was found, on which Ishmeet said that he was going to use this cash to buy drugs.
- Advocate Amit Desai further said, “NCB in the Panchnama has said that IO Ashish Prasad has said that he had received information that drugs were being brought in the ship for use and sale. After that the names of some people were given information and it was told that they have drugs. After that the NCB team started checking at the gate of the ship.
- Aryan’s lawyer said, “This whole matter starts on 2nd October when my client is called in a cruise ship. Prateek Gaba had called who is not an organizer, nor has he been arrested. On his behest, my clients reached there. But even before checking in, the NCB took him into custody.
- Aryan Khan’s lawyer Amit Desai is placing his answer in the court.
Also read- Aryan Khan Drug Case: NCB told the court – Aryan was in touch with the peddler, was also involved in buying drugs along with Arbaaz Merchant
Also read- Maharashtra: Home Minister Patil’s clarification in the case of espionage of Sameer Wankhede – no such order was given