Once you leave the job, you can either settle your PF account or transfer it to a new EPF account in the new organization.
For people doing jobs, PF account (Providnet Fund) proves to be very helpful in the security of their future. You invest money in it and can withdraw it if needed. But many times people do not know how to withdraw money from PF account. The biggest question for the salaried people remains that after how many days of leaving the job, one has to apply for the final amount of PF. Let us know everything about the period to withdraw the final amount from PF…
A user on Twitter asked the EPFO how many days after leaving the job, one can apply for the final PF. On this, a reply was also given by EPFO.
After how many days can apply
EPFO, while replying to the users, has given 60 days to apply for final PF. Let us know the important things related to it.
- The form for final PF can be filled only after two months of leaving the job or on retirement.
- The employee has to provide his mobile number for final settlement.
- The form can be filled both online (on the EPF member portal) and offline.
- PAN is also mandatory for claiming final settlement.
- Employer’s signature and organization’s seal is mandatory for offline settlement process.
how to apply online
Once you leave the job, you can either settle your PF account or transfer it to a new EPF account in the new organization. If you want to do the final settlement, you can fill Form 19 both online and offline. You have to follow the steps given below to fill the online form.
- Login to your UAN account on the EPF Member Portal.
- In the Online Services section, click on Claim (Form 31, 19 & 10C).
- Enter the last 4 digits of your linked bank account and click on Verify.
- Click Yes to sign the Certificate of Undertaking.
- Select PF Withdrawal (Form-19) option only from the drop-down menu in I wish to apply section.
- A new section of the form requires you to give your full address. Tick the disclaimer and click on GET AADHAAR OTP.
- An OTP will be sent to the number registered with UIDAI (Aadhaar).
- Enter this OTP in the space provided and submit your application.
- You will get a reference number after successful submission of your application.
- The withdrawal amount is credited to the bank account linked to your UAN within 15-20 days.
Also read- PF Account Alert: If KYC is not done then this is a new way and if it is updated then do this work