Many people are battling a deadly disease like brain tumor. People go abroad to get treatment for this disease, but it is not possible to go abroad in the time of corona epidemic.
Many people are battling a deadly disease like brain tumor. People go abroad to get treatment for this disease, but it is not possible to go abroad in the time of corona epidemic. In such a situation, if someone gets COVID, then it will be a matter of even more concern.
June 8 means today is ‘World Brain Tumor Day’. As the world grapples with the outbreak of the coronavirus, concerns regarding the impact of COVID-19 on brain tumors and its treatment decisions have emerged significantly over time. People are in tension about whether the COVID-19 virus can affect brain tumor patients in the same way as diabetic patients and is it safe to seek treatment in recent times? Here are the answers to all your common questions on this topic.
Can COVID-19 affect brain tumours?
As of now, there are not enough studies to conclude whether COVID-19 can affect brain tumours. However, studies do suggest that decisions regarding treatment of brain tumors may be affected by the pandemic as patients can contract the virus while in hospital.
Who can postpone the treatment of brain tumor during corona, for how long can it be postponed?
It depends on the severity of the patient’s condition whether brain tumor treatment may be delayed or not. If the condition is serious, the patient needs to be administered as soon as possible following the COVID-19 protocol. However, if the condition is normal then treatment can be done if it is safe. It is for the doctor to decide whether treatment is needed urgently or it can be delayed.
What is the danger of stopping brain tumor treatment during corona?
• The treatment may not give the results you want later
• Risk of tumor recurrence
• Neurological damage is possible
What precautions should be taken by brain tumor patients undergoing treatment during corona?
• wear a mask
• Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds
• Sanitize them with a high alcohol-based solution
• Avoid public transport
• Use a handkerchief under the elbow when coughing or sneezing or coughing
• Maintain physical distance and do not touch your eyes, mouth or nose
• Maintain proper hygiene and follow the protective steps prescribed by the doctor
• Make sure that the treating staff is following hygiene protocols
Where to get brain tumor information?
• National Institutes of Health (NIH) website cancer.gov/types/brain/hp
• National Health Portal of India at www.nhp.gov.in/
• National Brain Tumor Society at braintumor.org/brain-tumor-information/
• Indian Society for Neuro-oncology isno.in/useful_links.html . On
• Cancer.Net at cancer.net
Also read- Health Tips: Never eat raw by forgetting these vegetables
Also read: To maintain a healthy weight, include these 5 fiber-rich fruits in the diet