It is not possible for everyone to live on the strength of fruits alone for nine days during Navratri. On the other hand, the same food is not eaten every day as a fruit. In the meantime, most people make sabudana khichdi, buckwheat puri or parathas, dumplings etc., but for how long they can be eaten.
Sometimes I feel like having some delicious food. In such a situation, fruit pulao can be a better option. This pulao is made from sama rice and the good thing is that you do not even need a lot of effort to make it. It can be made easily in very less time. If you are also keen to eat something delicious during the fast, then know the recipe of Falahari Pulao made from Sama’s rice.
One cup of rice, quarter cup peanuts, two potatoes, one teaspoon cumin, two tablespoons ghee, 4 green chilies, one teaspoon finely chopped coriander leaves, two cups water and rock salt as per taste.
how to make
– First of all, wash the potatoes and keep them for boiling and wash the rice of Sama and soak it in water. After about 15 to 20 minutes, drain the rice water and cover the rice like this and leave it for some time.
– In the meantime, make the rest of the preparations for making the pulao. Peel the boiled potatoes and cut them into small pieces and finely chop the green chilies.
– Now put a wok on the gas and heat it by adding ghee. First of all fry the peanuts in it. After the peanuts turn light brown, take them out in a bowl.
– Now add cumin seeds and let it crackle. After this add potatoes and sprinkle a little salt and fry the potatoes for about two to three minutes. After this add the rice of Sama and mix both the things well and fry for two more minutes.
– Now add water to it and add salt as per taste and add peanuts. After that let it boil. After boiling, reduce the gas and cover the pan.
– Let it cook for about 20 to 25 minutes. Keep checking in between. When the rice is cooked, then turn off the gas and garnish it with chopped green coriander. Vrat ke pulao is ready, now serve it hot.
Also Read – Weight Loss Tips: These 4 Foods Make Your Weight Loss Journey Easier
Also read – If you have a craving to eat something good during fasting during Navratri, then make dry fruits namkeen
Bhagyashree Soni is a software engineer with soft writing skills. She is a degree holder from the International School of Entrepreneurial Leadership. She has been a state-level badminton champion and chess player. A woman with a forthright attitude enjoys her writing passion as her chosen career. Writing in the context of feminism, social cause and entrepreneurship is her forte.