In summer, if your fridge suddenly breaks down, it is a big challenge to keep the vegetables fresh and keep the milk from bursting. Learn easy tips here.
Ways to keep vegetables fresh in summer
In summer, most of the people buy gathered items and bring them to the house, so that they do not have to go out in the heat again and again. But what will you do if your fridge gets damaged in such a situation? In the scorching heat, the biggest problem is to keep milk and vegetables fresh. Let us tell you some such methods by trying which you can keep vegetables fresh for a long time even without a fridge and you can save milk from bursting.
1. The best way to prevent milk from bursting is to boil it four times a day. First in the morning, afternoon, evening and night. At night, add a spoonful of honey to it and keep the vessel in cold water. Cover the milk with a mesh.
2. To keep cucumber, capsicum, brinjal, spinach, luffa, gourd, tomato etc., wet a cotton cloth and squeeze it well. Then spread the cloth and keep these vegetables far and wide in it and cover all the vegetables with the same cloth.
3. To keep green chili fresh for a long time, remove its stem and keep it in a squeezed cotton cloth.
4. To keep the cut vegetables safe, keep them in the sun for some time so that their water dries up. After that wrap it in a cloth.
5. To keep green coriander safe, fill a glass with some water and keep the coriander along with the stalk in such a way that the stalk remains submerged in water. This will keep the coriander fresh for a long time. Apart from this, you can also keep the coriander by wrapping it in a paper. But there should not be any water in coriander or else it may rot. If there is water, dry it first by keeping it in the air for some time.
6. To keep ginger fresh for a long time, bury it in a pot or garden soil. Take it out and use it as per the need.
7. To prevent curd from turning sour, put two to three spoons of honey in it. Due to this, curd will remain fresh for a long time even without fridge.
8. If the cooked vegetable in the morning has become more and you want to keep it safe till evening, then heat it at least thrice a day. After that keep it covered with a mesh sieve. This will not spoil the vegetable quickly.
9. To prevent raw potato from rotting, keep it with garlic. Also keep in a dry and cool place. If you keep the onion in the same place then it will remain fresh for a long time.
Also read – Water chestnut is the power house of minerals, controls these diseases from infertility to jaundice-thyroid
Also read: Eat roti or rice at night? Before making today’s dinner, know what is right for health