Homemade Ubtan: According to Ayurveda, Ubtan helps in making the skin healthy, soft and glowing. Ubtan is rich in anti-oxidant properties. They protect our skin from damage caused by free radicals.
skin care tips
People often use ubtan to clean the skin deeply. It helps in making the skin glowing and soft. It is a kind of Ayurvedic body cleanser. It contains essential herbs and nutrients.
It is made using ingredients like multani mitti, sandalwood powder, turmeric and raw milk etc. Let us know how to make Ubtan at home and what are its benefits.
Ingredients for Ubtan
- Red Lentil
- turmeric powder
- sandalwood powder
- Lemon juice
- raw milk
How to make ubtan for glowing skin
Take a cup of masoor dal and put it in a food processor to make masoor dal powder. Take it out and add 2 tbsp organic turmeric powder and sandalwood powder to it. Mix together. Store it in a clean glass jar. Take out 2-3 tbsp of homemade ubtan powder from the jar and add few drops of fresh lemon juice, honey and raw milk to it. Make a paste by mixing it.
Homemade ubtan is ready to be applied. Apply it all over the face as well as the neck and massage in circular motions for some time. You can also apply it on other parts of the body. Leave it on the skin for 20-30 minutes and then wash off with fresh water. It is advisable to use ubtan just before taking a bath. You can apply this homemade ubtan twice or thrice a week for glowing and glowing skin.
- Lentils also help in treating many skin problems. This includes stubborn tan, acne, rough skin, skin aging, etc.
- Turmeric is a source of a very powerful antioxidant called curcumin. Curcumin helps in lightening of hyper pigmentation.
- Sandalwood exfoliates the skin and cleanses deeply. It also removes dead skin cells. It can also remove dirt from the pores of the skin. Through exfoliation, sandalwood enhances our complexion and makes the skin glowing, soft and healthy.
- Lemon juice contains high amounts of citric acid which plays an important role in making our skin light and glowing. Citric acid deeply exfoliates the skin.
- Honey can also effectively fight acne, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads etc. It has anti septic and anti bacterial properties. It not only helps in removing acne, but also acne scars.
- Milk contains vitamin A, which helps in maintaining healthy skin. It contains lactic acid which works to exfoliate the skin.
Also read – Skin Care Tips: Use Cucumber In These Ways For Oily Skin
Also Read – 5 Ways To Experience ‘Spa-Tastic’ At Home, Know