Amazing Benefits Of Tamarind: Tamarind is cold. Consumption of this in summer brings coolness in the body. Consuming it in regular amounts is beneficial for health.
Tamarind health benefits
The taste of tamarind is sour and sweet. Mouth watering comes only after hearing its name. Often people use it to make chutney. Tamarind is not just used for flavor. It also has many health benefits. It contains many nutrients. They help protect against many health problems. Let’s know its benefits.
Nutrients in Tamarind
Tamarind contains many nutrients like iron, calcium, vitamin-C, vitamin-A, calcium, fiber, potassium. In addition, it has antibacterial, anti-oxidant and anti-asthmatic properties. They help protect against many health problems. The tamarind flavor is cool. Consumption of this in summer brings coolness in the body. Consuming it in regular amounts is beneficial for health. But its high intake can also be harmful.
Benefits of tamarind
Anaemia- Tamarind contains sufficient amount of iron. Consumption of this helps complete anemia.
Enhancing Immunity Tamarind contains vitamin C. It helps to increase your immunity.
Lose weight- Tamarind has a high amount of hydroxyl acid. These acids increase the body’s excess fat burning enzyme. It helps in reducing body weight.
Right way to eat tamarind
- Tamarind soup is beneficial for fever. To avoid cold, you can consume tamarind. For this, add black pepper in tamarind soup and eat it.
- Tamarind soup also cures throat pain and runny nose.
- Pregnant women can consume tamarind candy. This keeps the digestive system healthy. This is a good treatment for vomiting and nausea.
- Tamarind is used to make sambar in South Indian cuisine. It is consumed with dosa and idli etc.
Disadvantages of Tamarind
- People who are allergic to the consumption of tamarind. They should not consume it. This can cause problems like swelling, vomiting, difficulty in breathing and itching etc.
- During the problem of sore throat, tamarind should not be consumed.
- Tamarind is rich in vitamin C. But it can also cause problems for pregnant women. Therefore, it is advisable to consume it in a limited way.
Also read – Yoga For Stress: Follow these 5 Yogasanas to get rid of stress and be happy
Also Read- Weight Loss: Include Macadamia Nuts in Diet to Lose Weight