Passport Apply on Passport Seva Portal: Follow this easy process to apply passport online and enjoy traveling abroad.
Image Credit source: File Photo
Passport Apply on Passport Seva Portal: Passport is an essential travel document for traveling abroad. Whether you are going for Education Purpose, Pilgrimage, Tourism, Business Purpose, Medical or to meet family. A person needs an official International Travel Document issued by the Government of India. In the last several years, the number of people traveling abroad from India has increased. In such a situation, the demand for passport related services has increased. foreign Ministry MEA Passport Seva Project in May 2010 PSP is introduced. Passport Seva has simplified the process of applying and issuing passports and related services.
If you are also planning to travel abroad and want to apply for a passport, then you can visit the Passport Seva web portal. Here we are telling you step by step process to apply passport.
today’s big news
How to apply for passport online
The process of applying for passport online involves filling of documents and physical verification by the state police. The document is also posted on the official address of the direct applicant.
- Visit the Passport Seva online portal passportindia.gov.in.
- Register on the portal by clicking on the Register Now link on the home screen.
- After registration, login to the Passport Seva Online Portal with the registered login ID.
- Now click on the apply button to apply for fresh passport / re-issue of passport.
- Fill all the required details in the form and click on submit.
- You will see the option of View Saved/Submitted Applications, open it.
- Now click on the Pay & Schedule Appointment link to pay the minimum charge for the service.
- After making the payment through net banking or other available options, click on the Print Application Receipt link to print your transaction receipt.
- After submitting the application, you will receive an SMS with appointment details. This message will be required to be shown as a proof in the passport office.
- One has to visit Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) / Regional Passport Office (RPO) on the date of appointment along with all the necessary documents submitted during application submission.
Note: Online payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments in all PSK/POPSK/PO. The regular application fee is Rs 1,500 while the application fee for Tatkal passport is Rs 2,000.
: Language Inputs