During this three-day visit of Xi Jinping to Russia, both the countries talked about great partnership and long-lasting friendship. The indications are clear that both the countries want to set a new direction in the world.
Image Credit source: Social Media
Chinese President Xi Jinping’s visit to Russia has come to an end, but a new analysis has started in Western countries and India regarding this visit. Russia and China friendship Brainstorming has started on what will be the impact of this on Europe, America and India. Xi Jinping said that with the friendship of the two countries, a befitting reply can be given to the western countries. So Xi Jinping also invited Putin to come to China.
During this three-day visit of Xi Jinping from March 20 to 23, the kind of partnership and friendship that the two countries talked about, it is clear that both the countries together are going to set a new direction in the world. Significantly, in today’s situation, both the countries need each other and on this pretext, they also want to give a message to their competing countries.
Through five key points, let’s try to understand what could be the impact of Xi Jinping’s three-day visit to Russia and meeting with President Putin on Western countries and India in particular. In what respect should India be cautious?
- The proximity of Russia and China can give birth to a new equation in Asian and European countries. India especially needs to be cautious in this. Because both are big powers and the meeting of both will reduce India’s regional influence. If both countries support the special status in the United Nations Security Council, then India’s position will be weak there.
- Russia is an old ally of India, but India has always been in competition with China. India has always been neutral before the start of the Ukraine war, neither Russia nor Ukraine has been supported by India, but in the current situation Russia is in, it wants strong support from a powerful country. In such a situation, how much Russia can remain committed to India instead of China is an aspect to consider. Because China is not neutral but is openly supporting Russia.
- Russia and China together form a new superpower. The economic-trade and strategic agreement between the two countries can create new competition for Indian business at the international level. With the strength of the military cooperation between the two countries, Pakistan, which has become poor, will also get strength. He will start spewing venom against India anew and India will have to confront both China and Pakistan.
- Significantly, India is dependent on Russian weapons. Indifference from Russia can put India in danger. Since China always keeps a strategy of pressure on India, the Russian alliance can put new pressure on India. Last year, China and Russia had also said in a joint statement that there is no limit to the friendship between the two countries. In the opinion of experts, such a statement is not good for India. Nor for Europe and America.
- However, in the opinion of some experts, the friendship between Russia and China will not affect India. Both countries are mature. Takes care of your interests. Even if China and Russia go ahead together, India will still benefit from it, because the American strategy of pulling India towards itself will not be successful. Till then India will remain neutral in the war, till then there will be no effect of Russia-China friendship on India.
Russian Ambassador to India Denis Alipov has also said in a tweet that the various claims and analyzes being made regarding Xi Jinping’s visit to Russia are not correct. Xi Jinping’s recent visit to Russia will not harm India-Russia strategic relations in any way.
: Language Inputs