Image Credit source: Dailymail
Smartwatch for plants monitors water: When a green plant needs water, it is difficult to understand by looking at it, but soon a person will be able to get information about it. The plants themselves will tell when and how much water they need. Know how it will happen…
It is difficult to understand by looking at when a green plant needs water, but soon a person will be able to get information about it. The plants themselves will tell when and how much water they need. Now this information will be available. Scientists plant (Plants) for a special kind of smartwatch (Smartwatch), which monitors whether leaves (leavesWhen does it need water? The smartwatch also informs the gardener or owner taking care of the tree so that there is no shortage of water in the plant. Brazil (Brazil) developed by scientists from the Brazilian National Laboratory of Nanotechnology.
How was this smartwatch designed, how does it work and how much better? Know the answer to these questions in 5 points
- daily Mail According to the report, just as smartwatches detect how the human heart is beating, similarly the new smartwatch detects how much water level is in plants. How much moisture does it need internally? Scientists have prepared a prototype of this.
- The sensor is attached to the leaves to detect the level of water in the plant. This sensor checks the level of moisture in it. An app has been linked to this sensor. This app is installed in the user’s mobile. Whenever this sensor detects a lack of water, after checking it, it transmits its information to the user’s app. After that he gives water to the plants. All this happens wirelessly.
- Earlier also an attempt was made to develop such a sensor, but it was not possible due to the failure of the electrode to attack the leaves properly. As a result, its exact information was not available. That’s why scientists from the Brazilian National Laboratory of Nanotechnology designed electrodes that could be attached to leaves and monitored over a long period of time.
- Scientists took two types of electrodes for this. One of these is made of nickel and the other is prepared by applying a layer of wax on burnt paper. During the experiment, both the electrodes were attached to a broken leaf of soybean with the help of tape. After doing this, the scientists got better signals on the drying of the leaf. Even after this the experiments were successful.
- After the experiment, the electrode was transformed into a device so that it could be attached to the leaves. How much water is there in the plant, the user sees the information of water in the form of percentage. With the help of this information, to what extent the plants are battling the pesticide and how many toxic elements are there in it, it will also be known.
: Language Inputs