Everyday cases of online fraud are coming to the fore. If you do not take care in online transactions, then your hard earned money can also disappear in minutes. With these tips, you can avoid online fraud.
How to protect yourself from online fraud (File Image)
As we are moving towards the digital world, in the same way thugs or fraudsters have also made themselves digital. When did these people fraud your bank account or any app wallet Extort money from, no one knows. We read and hear such news every day.
this is the reason online shopping or payment The fear of being cheated while doing this haunts many new smartphone users. Since now we all use digital payment everywhere, it is necessary that the transaction is completely secure. Today we are going to tell you some such things here, which will prove effective to avoid online fraud and you will not be a victim of any fraud.
today’s big news
How to avoid online fraud
- Use only such payment apps Many mobile payment apps have come. But, you should keep in mind that the app should be used only, due to which the user’s rating is good and the government approved app is there. Always download the app from the Play Store and before doing so, check its verified badge, and only then download the app. Most of the apps compromise your security for net banking or online payment.
- Phone Pe app is most used in India. Apart from this, Google Pay, which belongs to Google itself. Paytm which was more discussed at the time of demonetisation. Bhim is a transaction app brought by the government. Paypal works well for international payments. Amazon Pay, Jio Money and Mobikwik can also be used.
- Do not do any transaction with public WiFi, keep in mind while making payment, we often use public WiFi in the wake of free internet. Free WiFi is available at places like metro, railway station, park, coaching. If you want to make any payment, then use your secure internet data only. Online transactions done on free WiFi can pass personal information related to your bank to someone else.
- Do not share OTP with anyone, be it digital payment or any payment related to bank, OTP number definitely comes on mobile. Your transaction process is completed only by filling this OTP. Keep in mind that do not share your OTP number with anyone.
- Do not click on unknown links Nowadays, many fake links are sent to mobile users through cybercriminal messages, or they try to trap them by promising free gifts. Ignore all such messages and spam the report wherever it has come from. If you get any such message in the name of your bank account, then immediately complain about it in the bank.
- Be careful while using the card also, if you are using your debit or credit card for payment anywhere, then also keep an eye on the card reading machine. Make sure to know whether the POS machine is correct or not, sometimes some miscreants hack your card even from the POS machine. Therefore, first check that the machine belongs to which bank. The company of the POS machine can also be traced by looking at the bill of the machine. Apart from this, also see the swipe area and keypad there.
: Language Inputs