Regarding Ticket Cancellation, there is such a system of Railways, using which you can also cancel counter ticket sitting at home.
Image Credit source: File Photo
Train Ticket Cancellation Refund Rule: To make the facilities easier for the passengers, Indian Railways provides the facility of ticket booking while sitting at home. At the same time, there is such a system of railway regarding ticket cancellation also, by using which counter ticket can also be canceled sitting at home. Also, the refund of the ticket can be taken till the scheduled time even after the scheduled departure time of the train. Indian Railways (Indian RailwaysIt is very difficult to get a confirmed ticket for traveling in .
On the other hand, if the waiting ticket is taken and it is not confirmed, then reaching the ticket counter to cancel the ticket is a hassle. Because of this, many people do not get the ticket canceled and they suffer loss of money, as well as if the seat is confirmed then no other needy person can get it. Therefore, using the facility of railway, you can cancel your ticket sitting at home.
Indian Railways deducts some amount if you cancel your ‘Confirmed’, ‘RAC’ or ‘Waitlisted’ train ticket. The amount of deduction varies depending on the time of cancellation of ticket. Apart from this, the Indian Railways cancellation charges also depend on the ‘type’ of the ticket – AC First, AC-Chair Car, Second Class etc. Here you can know about the ticket cancellation refund rules of Indian Railways.
This much fee will be charged for canceling a confirmed ticket
- Rs 240 cancellation fee per passenger for AC first/executive class passengers, Rs 200 for AC 2-tier/first class, AC 3-tier/AC chair car, Rs 180 for AC-3 economy and second class 60 for Rs.
- In case a passenger cancels a confirmed ticket less than 48 hours and up to 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, the cancellation charges will be 25% of the total fare paid.
- In case of cancellation of confirmed tickets less than 12 hours and up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, the cancellation charges will be 50% of the total fare paid, but subject to a minimum flat cancellation charge for each class.
- For cancellation of RAC/Waitlisted tickets if the ticket is canceled up to half an hour before the scheduled departure of the train. In such a situation full refund will be given after deducting the clerical charges per person.
- Indian Railways said its estimated earnings in the passenger segment in the first-nine months of the financial year 2022-23 rose to Rs 48,913 crore from Rs 28,569 crore during the year-ago period. Which was an increase of 71%.
- The estimated total number of passengers booked in the reserved passenger segment from April 1 to December 31, 2022, was Rs 59.61 crore, an increase of 6%, from Rs 56.05 crore during the same period last year.
- The total estimated number of passengers booked in unreserved passenger category from 1st April to 31st December 2022 is Rs 40,197 lakh, which is 137% higher than Rs 16,968 lakh during the same period last year.
keep these two things in mind
Firstly, while booking the ticket, only valid mobile number has to be entered in the reservation form. Secondly, if you have to cancel the ticket for the postponement of the journey, then you will have to go to the PRS counter at the boarding point or the nearest PRS counter to get the refund. Where you can surrender your canceled ticket and get refund. This facility provided by the Railways is called call cancellation or web cancellation.
: Language Inputs