Electric Blanket Side Effects: Electric blankets sold on e-commerce platforms can pose a big risk to the users. A consumer group has warned that electric blankets can give electric shocks to users.
Image credit source: Amazon
Is Electric Blanket Safe? If you electric blanket (electric blanket) or are planning to buy then be careful. According to reports, using them can be quite dangerous. A consumer group issued a warning saying that electric blankets can cause great harm to users. These are being sold indiscriminately on online platforms and can cause electric shock. Some electric blankets being sold on e-commerce platforms have been found to be ‘so bad’ that they could pose a ‘serious risk’.
Electrical Safety First says it has found ‘highly dangerous’ electrical products being sold online by third party sellers. That’s why this group wants new rules and regulations for consumer protection, so that users can be saved from such risky products. Due to the cost of living, there has been a huge increase in the sale of electric blankets. At the same time, users also use them a lot to save the cost of central heating.
today’s big news
9 out of 11 products dangerous
According to the group, nine out of 11 electric blankets, throws and shawls sold by third-parties on e-commerce platforms such as Ali Express, Amazon, eBay and Wish should not be legally sold in the UK. According to the BBC report, the Consumer Champion Group has identified all these problems in how products are made, packaging, marking and instructions are taken.
Online platforms should be responsible
The group found that some products have easy-to-extend electrical wires, which do not comply with safety standards. Apart from the safety concerns of the users, some blankets are useless and do not work properly. That’s why they demand that the responsibility of these openly sold products should be on the e-commerce platform as well. Online platforms should also be forced to be held legally responsible.
Private bill introduced in Britain
In Britain, Labor Party MP from Gateshead Ian Mearns introduced a private member’s bill last week, which calls for more rules in this matter. The bill, backed by the charity Electrical Safety First, aims to “close a gap in the law” which has allowed online marketplaces to operate “without any responsibility” to ensure that electrical appliances sold through their sites The products are really safe.
Danger of fire….
Electrical Safety First has considered electrical products sold on Amazon, eBay, Facebook Marketplace and Wish as dangerous. Users can get shocked by this. At the same time, if there is a short-circuit at the exit of the wire, then there is also a danger of fire. People use products such as electric blankets to reduce electricity costs, so a change in the law is necessary, because without it, people will be at risk and vulnerable.
: Language Inputs