During pregnancy, many times women feel like eating spicy, spicy or extraneous food. To end her cravings, she often eats junk food etc. But eating more junk food during pregnancy can have adverse effects on both the mother and the baby.
Due to hormonal changes during pregnancy, sometimes the taste of the mouth is not good. Sometimes I like to eat spicy and sour food. In such a situation, women often end their cravings by eating junk food and fast food etc. But health experts believe that junk food and fast food should be avoided during pregnancy. At this time, the woman needs many types of nutrients because the development of the child takes place from her body. In such a situation, junk food can cause many problems for the woman and her unborn baby. Know why you should not eat junk food during pregnancy.
1. Junk food is high in oil, sugar, fat and calories. In such a situation, excessive consumption of junk food increases weight rapidly. Since the weight of the woman is already increasing naturally during pregnancy, in such a situation, junk food increases her weight further. Due to this, the woman has many problems, as well as there is a risk of many complications in delivery.
2. Eating too much of junk food can cause high BP at times. If you are already suffering from high BP or any heart problem, then you need to be very careful in this matter.
3. Eating more junk food during pregnancy increases the risk of gestational diabetes because junk food is high in sugar and caloric substances. Gestational diabetes can lead to very high birth weight or premature delivery.
4. There are no nutrients in junk food. Its excessive consumption has an adverse effect on the brain, heart, lungs and bones of the child. Along with this, the child gets into the habit of eating unhealthy inside the womb.
5. Excessive consumption of junk food during pregnancy also adversely affects the brain development of the unborn child. Also, some research suggests that excessive consumption of junk food during pregnancy increases the risk of allergies and asthma in women.
Download Saheli App to watch videos related to pregnancy care in your preferred language
Click to download app
Also read – 5 things every husband should do to keep his wife happy during pregnancy
Also read – Take care of these things during pregnancy, your baby will be very healthy and intelligent