Obesity increases the risk of blood cancer Credits Koto Fejae+getty Images
We all know that obesity increases many of our health problems. Due to obesity, problems like high BP, diabetes, joint pain and heart disease increase. But a recent study has revealed that obesity increases the risk of blood cancer by 70 percent.
What does the study say?
According to this study published in Blood Advances, obesity increases the risk of blood cancer. Also, this study says that obesity increases the problem of monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS). This is a very serious condition, ignoring which can cause many other problems in the body.
Risk of blood cancer increases by 70 percent
According to the researchers of the study, obesity increases the risk of blood cancer by 70 percent. 2628 people were included in this study, in which the risk of myeloma was found to be 73 percent in people suffering from obesity. In people of normal weight, this risk was found to be much less than in obese people. Our bad lifestyle also plays an important role in this cancer, people who have very bad lifestyle are more at risk of blood cancer, hence researchers have found that healthy eating habits and walking for 45 to 60 minutes can reduce the risk of this cancer. The danger can be reduced.
Researchers have also suggested some important ways to prevent this cancer.
– Reduce obesity – Obesity increases the risk of blood cancer, so try to reduce obesity, for this increase your physical activity and take special care of eating and drinking.
– Regular exercise- Regular walking or exercise for more than half an hour is very important to prevent blood cancer. This risk can also be avoided through yoga and pranayam.
– Smoking- Smoking also increases the risk of blood cancer, so to avoid its risk, a person should not smoke. Smoking also increases the risk of lung cancer.
– Alcohol- Excessive consumption of alcohol also increases blood cancer, hence it is important to avoid alcohol consumption.
– Genetic reasons – If you have a family history of blood cancer, if someone in your family has had blood cancer, then you are at higher risk of it, hence you should get it checked from time to time so that you can control it in time.
– Do not ignore any kind of change in the body, if you see any initial symptoms then take action immediately so that you can catch this disease early and get proper treatment on time.
Healthy Diet- Healthy diet plays the most important role, hence eat simple food, do not eat fried, spicy food and reduce the consumption of outside junk food.
: Language Inputs