Excess weight during pregnancy also causes problems and underweight can also cause many problems. Know here about the dangers of being underweight and ways to gain weight.
Weight gain and loss during pregnancy are both considered harmful. Weight gain increases the risk of gestational diabetes, high BP. This condition can be dangerous for both mother and child. At the same time, being less than the average weight is not less dangerous. Due to this complications may arise.
By the way, weight is calculated on the basis of body length. But if we look at the general opinion of experts, then before conceiving, the weight of the woman should be at least 45 kg. After conceiving, the weight should increase by 10 to 15 kg. If the weight is less than this, then the woman is considered underweight. The combination of pregnancy and underweight is not right. In such a situation, the risk of premature delivery or low birth weight, miscarriage or C-section delivery increases.
Loss of weight can cause harm to the child
– Being underweight means that the essential nutrients are not reaching the woman’s body. Due to this, the child may be a victim of malnutrition at the time of birth.
– If the baby’s weight is very low at birth, then later he may be a victim of diabetes or heart related problems.
– Due to low weight, the immune system of the baby is very weak. In such a situation, he comes very fast in the grip of infection.
– Low birth weight can cause a baby with cerebral palsy, learning disabilities, vision and hearing problems.
what to do to gain weight
– Don’t skip breakfast. Take protein rich food for breakfast.
– Set meal times. If you are not able to eat much at once, then keep eating something at short intervals.
– Do not starve yourself under any circumstances. Always keep nuts, dry fruits, biscuits and fresh fruits etc. with you.
– Keep taking milk, curd, cheese etc. for calcium.
– Keep taking high calorie things like sprouted grains, beans etc.
Download Saheli App to watch pregnancy care videos in your preferred language
Click to download app
Also read – Fibroids can cause complications during pregnancy, don’t ignore it as minor
Also read – Pregnancy Care: What is the reason for not getting enough sleep during pregnancy, know about it here…
Shehnaz is a Corporate Communications Expert by profession and writer by Passion. She has experience of many years in the same. Her educational background in Mass communication has given her a broad base from which to approach many topics. She enjoys writing about Public relations, Corporate communications, travel, entrepreneurship, insurance, and finance among others.