The holy festival of Navratri (Navratri 2021) has started from 7 October. In these days of worship of Maa Durga, people keep a fast for nine days and offer special prayers. Those who are unable to keep fast for the whole nine days, they keep two fasts together in Navratri, or else fast on the first day and Ashtami. Pregnant women are the most confused in these holy days of Matrani’s fast. They do not understand whether they should fast or not as they require more nutrients during pregnancy.
Women have doubts that keeping the fast will not harm their child. At the same time, a few days after Navratri, the festival of Karwa Chauth (Karwa Chauth 2021) also comes, in which women keep a waterless fast. In such a situation, it is very important to remove this doubt related to the fasting of pregnant women. Let us tell you on this occasion whether it is safe for pregnant women to fast or not.
Don’t even bring up the idea of fasting in the first trimester
Most experts recommend not to keep any kind of fast during pregnancy. Women who have a pregnancy of less than three months, they should not even think about fasting because in the initial months the woman has many problems like vomiting, nervousness, nausea, headache etc. In such a situation, keeping fast can increase the problems.
Fasting is not safe even in these circumstances
Apart from this, fasting even in the third trimester is not considered safe. In this case, the risk of dizziness increases. At the same time, if there is gestational diabetes, anemia or more than one child in the womb during pregnancy, then fasting can prove to be very dangerous. But if your case is normal and there is no problem, then you can fast after taking expert advice. But it requires a lot of caution.
If experts allow, then it is important to keep these things in mind
1. Whether it is Navratri fast or Karva Chauth, any fast should be kept only after expert advice and should not even think about waterless fast.
2. Eat and drink little by little at an interval of every two hours. During the fast, take more and more liquid things like coconut water, buttermilk, juice etc. so that the body gets nutrients.
3. Drink plenty of water so that there is no problem of dehydration. Instead of fried things, eat more and more nutritious things and reduce the consumption of coffee or tea very little.
4. Eat two to three types of fruits throughout the day, so that the body gets energy. Avoid exercise or any heavy work.
5. Make sure to use rock salt. Not taking salt can cause weakness in the body. Sleep well, so that the situation of stress does not arise.
6. Take care of the movement of the child during the fast. In case of any problem, see a specialist.
Download Saheli App to watch videos related to pregnancy care in your preferred language
Click to download app
Also read – Navratri 2021: Know the importance of recitation of Durga Saptashati in Navratri and the right way to recite it!
Also read – Navratri 2021: Choose clothes according to the day in Navratri, by the grace of Maa Durga, all the bad things will be done